SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Volvo S40 2005, with the basic audio system without CD-changer.
I want to upgrade this to an 2006 high performance, not the speakers, just the main unit to be able to extend it with an AUX, USB and Android/iPhone connector.
Is this upgrade possible? :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
It is possible, but only if you have access to Volvos VIDA system. 2006 though didn't have AUX, USB, MP3. These were from 2008 onwards. AUX was in 2007.

What about using the GROM Audio unit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is possible, but only if you have access to Volvos VIDA system. 2006 though didn't have AUX, USB, MP3. These were from 2008 onwards. AUX was in 2007.

What about using the GROM Audio unit?
I know, it looks like the GROM Audio unit needs 2006+

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
2006+ doesn't really mean anything, as the radios weren't changed before 2006...

·
Registered
239 Posts
So it is possible to install a newer audio system into an MY05? Was this discussed or detailed in another thread?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
So i can use a GROM Audio Unit on my 2005 basic radio without cdc?
Should work, yes. Best to contact Grom first though! They have a live chat you can use :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I know it works on my 2007 C30 High Performance - and that rather well!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, i tried the GROM box, and it didn't work. I got special made software for the grom box too, but no results. Anyone who knows if it's possible to upgrade to the high performance unit, and if thats possible, how to upgrade? Then i can use the CDC port and buy a dension 500 or something...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts