SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend's V60 sound started to break. Snapping is really short but continuous. The problem is with all sources, TV, radio and blutooth. The amplifier wires have been looked at and seem to be well in place. At the same time the used battery came off, after which it worked for about 5-10min normally and after that the disconnection started again.The problem is with all the speakers.

Ideas for which unit would that problem go to locate? We also tried another amplifier. It did not help.

Volvo V60 T6 AWD 2012
Premium Sound

·
Registered
606 Posts
A friend's V60 sound started to break. Snapping is really short but continuous. The problem is with all sources, TV, radio and blutooth. The amplifier wires have been looked at and seem to be well in place. At the same time the used battery came off, after which it worked for about 5-10min normally and after that the disconnection started again.The problem is with all the speakers.

Ideas for which unit would that problem go to locate? We also tried another amplifier. It did not help.

Volvo V60 T6 AWD 2012
Premium Sound
I am not sure what you mean by “sound started to break”. Are you talking about the sound distorting or cutting out? I also don’t understand what you mean by the “used battery came off”. Do you mean it lost its charge or got disconnected? If you can answer these on more detail, I perhaps can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure what you mean by “sound started to break”. Are you talking about the sound distorting or cutting out? I also don’t understand what you mean by the “used battery came off”. Do you mean it lost its charge or got disconnected? If you can answer these on more detail, I perhaps can help.

I'm sorry for my bad english.
I mean, the sound stops. Maybe less than half a second. This fault is continuous.

We disconnected the battery cable.

·
Registered
606 Posts
That sounds like a digital signal problem not an amp problem. Since it happens with all media sources and channels, it would most likely be in the ICM or the MOST optical network. This would need Volvo service troubleshooting. One question that could help isolate it is have you tried this with a phone call (not simply phone media playing)? A phone call goes through different digital processing. I would also try turning off any Dolby and surround driver position processing to see if that has an impact. Please not even if we can pin it down this way it still will need Volvo service.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds like a digital signal problem not an amp problem. Since it happens with all media sources and channels, it would most likely be in the ICM or the MOST optical network. This would need Volvo service troubleshooting. One question that could help isolate it is have you tried this with a phone call (not simply phone media playing)? A phone call goes through different digital processing. I would also try turning off any Dolby and surround driver position processing to see if that has an impact. Please not even if we can pin it down this way it still will need Volvo service.

The phone has the same problem. And parking assistance.

We tried all the settings out, it had no effect.

Do any of the settings change on the display when this happens?

No changes will be made when this happens.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Pietila, I am afraid it’s now time for a trip to the dealer. It’s important that you are able to reliably replicate the problem in their presence. I would suspect the ICM preamp section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts