SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been covered previously.

The concern I have is regarding the audio in my 2015.5 XC60 (platinum audio). When I start the car, it will often (but not always) take up to 20 or 30 seconds for any sound to emit from the speakers, as if its fading in. This is both with radio and my ipod. In the last couple of weeks, I have also noticed no sound coming from the speakers at all, including parking assist, lane departure and other sounds associated with various vehicle functions. The only remedy thus far as been to restart the car.

Has anyone else here had similar problems? Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to fix it? Will the issue simply become worse over time or remain the same? Does it require the dash and other parts coming off? I'm hesitant to take the vehicle in even though it's still under warranty as typically new problems emerge when pieces and parts are taken off and reinstalled. It's never the same.

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks,

-Chris

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I've never experienced this.

I have noticed that if I turn off the audio and turn off the car that when I turn it back on the audio starts playing but I don't hear it because the sound is turned down all the way. I'm guessing its a bug that starts the audio source playing with the sound all the way down, and I just turn up the volume.

Only one or two times have I experienced no sound from park assist. Guessing a glitch as its not repeatable.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Chris. Have noticed similar issues with our 2015.5 XC60. Often the Sensus screen stays on the Volvo icon for some time before showing the infotainment screen. Also had Sensus freak out a few weeks ago. Would change temp on climate control but the temp on the display wouldn't change. Could tell the actual temp had changed though. Same for heated seat display. Chalking it up to software issues. My experience has been our last two Volvos have had very dodger software. I'd take it in and let them do whatever updates. Eventually they will find an update that makes things a bit happier.

TJ

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I had the infotainment/nav firmware on one of my 2015.5 V60s updated to the latest and greatest version two weeks ago. I haven't noticed much in the way of any improvements, save for the addition of highway exit numbers in the top info bar of the nav screen during route execution. FWIIW, the error introduced in last spring's update wherein the nav system's spoken turn directions substitutes the name of the road I am on for the one onto which I am about to turn is still there. Sigh.

They apparently tried to tinker with the AT&T 3G connectivity issue which has plagued owners since the release of Sensus Connect in July of last year, but it now seems to be even worse than it was before: it is now totally rather than just mostly unusable and will connect for just 20-30 seconds rather than 10 minutes before dropping out for a prolonged period of time or locking up completely until restart. One step forward and two steps backwards for VCC and AT&T on the Internet connectivity front.

A few days ago I lost the infotainment audio output completely while on a road trip: no spoken nav directions, no radio output, no media iPod sound, and no telephone output. Incoming callers could hear me, but I couldn’t hear them. I lost some business because of this problem. Stopping and restarting the car after 30 seconds, which usually cures such temporary glitches, didn't solve the problem. Later, I parked the car for several hours, and the audio output was once again functional after start up. Go figure. And now my phone doesn’t sync up automatically when I start the car — I have go into the menus and reconnect the phone manually each time at start-up.

I would not recommend that 2015.5 and 2016 Volvo owners have their infotainment firmware upgraded to the newest version. Better to live with a known evil than suffer the vicissitudes of an unknown one. Consider yourselves warned...:(

·
Registered
420 Posts
Its been reported several times across several Volvo models that for the premium Harman Kardon sound system combined with very cold temperatures, there is a software problem. If you have the H-K system and its occurring with very cold conditions (such as first thing in the morning), check with your Volvo dealer. This problem was reported earlier this year coinciding with the first northern winter since the introduction of the H-K system. I assume there's been a fix developed for the problem since then.

Tony

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey Chris,

I agree that you should take it to the dealer. I have had some software problems with my RD and the folks at Continental have been relentless at getting them resolved. I have been very happy with everyone there (Shanie, the Service Advisor and the Volvo techs Roy and Matt). Just my .02.

Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a mint 2015.5 S60 T6 with the HK system - it's garbage. When it works, it sounds great. But things like turning off the stop start, or most anything will keep it from working. Such a nice car, it's a shame. I hear it is a reoccurring $1200.00 repair, somnething under the seat has to be replaced. Should be a recall on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts