SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... new member here. Just purchased a 2013 S60 R-Design and I love it! One thing though- the audible confirmation does not work. It worked briefly when I turned it on under the car settings screen. Then it just randomly stopped. I have reset settings multiple times and turned it off and on various amounts. Still- no lights or audible confirmation. Could it be that the battery in the PCC key needs to be replaced? Or is that a software thing? Who's had this happen to them before and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Check that your hood is latched completely. If it isn't, the doors will lock, but the confirmation won't happen and the alarm won't be armed.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Be aware the audible confirmation does not occur every time you lock the doors. It's only once and I believe only after the car has been driven. If I drive home, park, lock the doors I get a chirp. If I have to go back in the car, unlock and relock, no chirp. At least that's how it works on mine. The parking light flash, however, occurs every time.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I don't have PCC so maybe it is different in my case but my experience is:

1- Audible confirmation happens if you hit the Lock button a second time and all subsequent button presses.. It does not happen when you hit Lock (and car supposedly locks) the first time.
2- If one of the doors (and I suppose trunk or hood) did not lock for some reason, I do not get the flashing lights. I have one door that on occasion does not lock and the way I know is I don't get the flashing lights. That happens on the first (not second) lock.
3- First lock lights, second and up audible chirp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.