SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put some type off audible indicator for the arming or disarming of the car alarm/door locks. I find that merly having flashing lights is inadequate.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Because if you can't actually see your car, but are within range... it's nice to hear the audible sound. I can't see the car in my driveway from the house.

I walk away from the Tahoe, click the button on the fob, and the horn sounds. No question. Can't remember if I locked it & I'm in the house.. click the button & it honks. Can't do the same with the Volvo. An audible sound would be nice. So would auto locking of the doors when you engage drive.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
the loud thunk you can hear 20 yards away isn't enough?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Don't know about the OP, but my locks are pretty quiet. I'm always walking back to the car to make sure it locked.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I have them and the bezels. Can hear from a good distance

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Because if you can't actually see your car, but are within range... it's nice to hear the audible sound. I can't see the car in my driveway from the house.

I walk away from the Tahoe, click the button on the fob, and the horn sounds. No question. Can't remember if I locked it & I'm in the house.. click the button & it honks. Can't do the same with the Volvo. An audible sound would be nice. So would auto locking of the doors when you engage drive.
Then lock it right when you get out... Before you walk away?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have bezels and pins, but i still have the problem. The sound travels as far as my sight in a parking lot... This would be a nice mod...

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Personally, I'm happy there is no audible lock sound. When I park my car in the garage after coming home from work sometimes I lock it out of habit, a blared horn sound would irritate the house at 4am.

I see what you're saying, really do, but if car security was important to you than you'd lock it while looking at it, the flashing lights is enough assurance its locked and I don't need the horn to sound to confirm the lights flashing.

Now, what I don't like, is when you open my door while the car is armed and all that happens is the lights flashing and no audible alert!

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
ok so about your idea of disturbing the neighbors at 4am.

My fathers truck has an audible alarm. itll only sounds if your trying to lock the car after you have already locked it once. :) but then again if you forget you lock it and re lock it. BOOM loud noises :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
This might be the perfect excuse to get a remote starter in your car :D

I got a COmpustar Pro 901 two way remote start/alarm system with the following optional add ons.

*EZ-Go
*DAS Sensor
*Drone Mobile
*Touch RPS

Now i can control and get alerts from the car from virtually anywhere. Smart phone apple/android/windows/blackberry or web based.

Basic alarm system with audible notification, no remote start should cost around $200 -250 depending on the shop.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
This might be the perfect excuse to get a remote starter in your car :D

I got a COmpustar Pro 901 two way remote start/alarm system with the following optional add ons.

*EZ-Go
*DAS Sensor
*Drone Mobile
*Touch RPS

Now i can control and get alerts from the car from virtually anywhere. Smart phone apple/android/windows/blackberry or web based.

Basic alarm system with audible notification, no remote start should cost around $200 -250 depending on the shop.
I've been tempted to bring you my R for an alarm install - its a special setup... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts