SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dan Mack's DYNOTECH TUNING Dyno Day ! (Jan 13th )

Whats up guys, This January on Sunday the 13th I will be hosting a Private Dyno Day at Dynotech tuning located in Seekonk,MA.
I figure this is a great way to get everyone in the Volvo community and friends of said Volvo community out and about to hang, dyno, eat, ect! Crazyace1104 will also be organizing and hyping up the event on swedespeed and helping with the Facebook event page we will be making soon.

If your not familiar with Dynotech tuning I've provided a bunch of info from the website to the Facebook below. They host dyno days quite often but after talking to my friends down there they offered up a day to get all of us in and on the dyno to have some fun. As of right now we are working the definite day but the time would be Sunday from 930am til the last car dynos! They're great about no one goes home until everyone gets their fill!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO BRING WHO EVER THEYD LIKE! Volvo or non Volvo! COME TO HANG! were trying to make it a big thing but if we don't get the right amount of people to dyno it will not just be a meet and greet lol once we reach the number that is required for PRE PAYED RUNS then anyone that is in the MAYBE side of things can come and pay when they get there. YOU CAN SIGN UP TO DYNO THE DAY OF ONCE YOU GET THERE FOR THE SAME PRICE but once again ONCE the list of pre payed is set.

all payments can be sent thru dynotechs paypal they have set up so everything is secure and set!

I have been to a TON of these events at dynotech and not one has disappointed. They are a very reputable place and also hold the World Record for Fastest Evo on a Stock Turbo! Guinness Book Record Holder. Good People, Good Times and Good Numbers is what they aim for.

Spectators are Welcome and FREE

The rate will be set in stone once I get a count of people that would like to participate.

i also have below the info about the typical rules and regulations and rates for Private/Group Days.

I will also post some pics of the previous meets at Dynotech I've snapped and this meet i will also be doing the photaphy coverage.

RATES FOR THE EVENT **$60 - 2 Pulls With Boost & A/F Reading**

Payments for the dyno will be Pre-pay for Paypal to [email protected] PLEASE INCLUDE year make and model with January 13th in the notes

Link to the Event : http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/565843016764591/

Attending List / Maybe List
1. Dan Mack
2. Connor (crazyace1104)
3. Prienzo (pending donations lol)
4. BodyMassage - Maybe
5. Volvolovelife41
6. Rucker - 2009 335i M Sport
7. Rob G - 2011 SRT-8 Challenger
8. John - 1993 240sx Vert SR20

WRAP UP
DATE : Jan 13th 2013 (sunday)
TIME : 930 tip the last car dynes
PRICE : 60 for 2 pulls With Boost and A/F reading.
BRING ANY YEAR MAKE MODEL AS LONG AS THEY HAVE FUN!

So … With all that said … WHOS DOWN? any questions feel free to PM me or EMAIL me.

Dan Mack
Email : [email protected] (i prefer email)
Facebook : Dan Mack (just make sure to say something about swedespeed if you request me)
OR wait for the event page well post the link on here ill prob just copy and paste this whole thing on fb for a page

Dynotech Tuning
questions about the establishment?
Check the links
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Dynotech

DynoTech Tunings List of Rules and Regulations ( I didn't have to post this but i like that its out there)
5 car minimum
5 car minimum NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to reserve dyno day event.
Each vehicle (2WD or AWD) gets 3 power pulls with a printout dyno graph. No boost or Air/Fuel readings. 

5-10 cars: $65 per vehicle
11+ cars: $60 per vehicle

If you want your event to include Boost & Air/Fuel readings, please add $10 per car. You must decide which option you prefer BEFORE you place your deposit for the event, we will not allow individual vehicles to choose which option they want during the day of the event.
Please include the items listed below for any forums you will advertise the event on. It does not need to be listed elsewhere but it is the responsibility of the coordinator to inform each vehicle owner of these requirements prior to reserving their spot on the list.
Vendors are allowed at your event WITH PRE-APPROVAL for each individual vendor.

Requirements for each vehicle:
-No Diesel engines
-Vehicle condition must be safe enough to allow the dyno straps to safely and securely restrain the vehicle. Any mechanical weakness' from faulty components, damaged parts or excessive rust may forfeit the right to use the dyno.
-Ride Height must be at an acceptable height to get on the dyno. If you have an adjustable suspension and have concerns that your vehicle may be too low to access our dyno with our ramps, we suggest raising your suspension prior to your dyno session. Generally only the front of the vehicle is necessary.
-Overall wheelbase width cannot exceed 80"
-Overall wheelbase length must be between 88-118" if your vehicle is all-wheel drive.
-Maximum weight per axle must not exceed 6,000 lbs.
-Front undertray/splash shields must be removed prior to the dyno session if 2 suitable OEM tow hooks are not accessible with the tray in place. If a suitable location to safely strap the vehicle down in the front cannot be located with the undertray/splash shield in place, the vehicle owner has until the end of the event to have it removed to get back on the list. No refunds.
-Tire condition must be SAFE for high speed operation. There cannot be any appreciable dry-rot or cracking on the sidewalls and adequate tread life must be remaining.
-There cannot be any fluid leaks that will drip onto the dyno during operation. If a vehicle has a large spill onto the dyno (8 ounces or more), a $30 clean-up fee WILL BE enforced.
-If the event allows Boost to be logged during the dyno session (check with your event coordinator), an easily acceptable boost source must be readily available. We will not log a boost source if it located behind panels are is not easily or safely accessible by the dyno operator.
-Our Mustang MD-AWD-500 Dynamometer simulates real-world road conditions during this dyno session. It does not apply any more stress on the drivetrain or engine than doing the same power pull on a real road. Dynotech Tuning Inc. or any of its affiliates are not responsible for any vehicle failures that may occur during the dyno session.

Lol random pic from when Phenominal Vinyl came down and did my roof all the way from NY at dynotech for Import Evolution

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be talking to them tommorow about how to prepay for the dyno and to lock the definite day in. Sunday is prime since I don't have work

·
Registered
686 Posts
Dam 3 1/2 hrs away..

·
Registered
727 Posts
winter break will be over :(......ooo pooey

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Do they do tuning too? (on our caRs)

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Really... you're doing a dyno day in the NORTHEAST on JANUARY 13TH? You realize this is the northeast, and not only do most of us have our snow tires on right now, ALL of us will have all season/ snow/studded on by then. There's always a good chance we'll get a storm in January, please reschedule this until late spring.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Really... you're doing a dyno day in the NORTHEAST on JANUARY 13TH? You realize this is the northeast, and not only do most of us have our snow tires on right now, ALL of us will have all season/ snow/studded on by then. There's always a good chance we'll get a storm in January, please reschedule this until late spring.
GET A LIFE YOU POMPOUS FREAK

wtf does snow tires or all season have to do with anything? Take your whining else where!

LET THE DYNO SESSION CONTINUE

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
GET A LIFE YOU POMPOUS FREAK

wtf does snow tires or all season have to do with anything? Take your whining else where!

LET THE DYNO SESSION CONTINUE
Why do you always sound like a whiney little girl? I was just noting that after the snow tires go on, I'm not getting onto a dyno. I think more people would travel in the spring than in the dead of winter.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why would I reschedule a event I just made for vehicles more than capible of commuting to a dyno event even after a snow storm. Show some enthusiasm already. It's New England for fcuks sake I'm still wearing shorts dead of winter my rear end lol come thru with your snow tires no ones judging you but Connor and make sure to leave your purse in the car brotato

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do they do tuning too? (on our caRs)
They will just not on a event day they have great rates its just with us there isn't enough demand for them to buy software and learn it on top of the Evo/DSM things they do

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Why would I reschedule a event I just made for vehicles more than capible of commuting to a dyno event even after a snow storm. Show some enthusiasm already. It's New England for fcuks sake I'm still wearing shorts dead of winter my rear end lol come thru with your snow tires no ones judging you but Connor and make sure to leave your purse in the car brotato
Yours come with me so I can smack the ungrateful. :)
Why would I reschedule a event I just made for vehicles more than capible of commuting to a dyno event even after a snow storm.
SOOOOOO TRUE

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Why do you always sound like a whiney little girl? I was just noting that after the snow tires go on, I'm not getting onto a dyno. I think more people would travel in the spring than in the dead of winter.
I am a whiny girl! but in all seriousness whose whining about the dyno...LOL Now stay in Vermont. We don't need your kind ;)

We can also do one in the spring, im sure more mods will be on and more folks can join in. Who cannot pass up a dyno day with a 5 car minimum

·
Registered
136 Posts
sorry to be off topic.... Love the look of the black roof on that silver R. Do you mind me asking how much it cost? What material did you use?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Phenomenal Vinyl did my roof for import evolution so i personally couldnt tell you what i paid but i beleive its somewhere around 320 range. got a quote to paint my roof at work and they told me 535 with materials. so for a average person paying 325 to vinyl it and you can remove it is more than worth it. it looks like glass

1 - 20 of 228 Posts