SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We go to Vancouver on a regular bases, the next trip up will be this weekend. It is one of my top 5 favorite cities.

This will be the first time for the R. Does anyone know if there is any 100 octane in the greater Vancouver area?

·
Registered
433 Posts
94 is availalbe at most Chevron and Petro Canada gas stations. Husky and Mohawk also offer 94 but I heard negative stories from other users so I highly recommed you stick with Chevron or Petro Canada during the visit.

As for 100, Corvette Specialties in Surrey carries Sunoco race fuels in jugs as well as some vendors at Mission Race Way selling VP fuels during drag events.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Re: Attention Vancouver, BC R owners (flybynight)

Flybynight,

I think I remember someone at the recent Seattle GTG saying that there is 100 octane at the Payne Field Unical gas station. If you take Hwy-525 to Payne Field and then Hwy-526 back to I-5, you'll add only about 15 minutes to your trip up to Vancouver. I will check it out today and get back to you. At least this way you can have a little more fun on the highway heading to BC!!!

- Tryg

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Tryg, I know about that station in Mukilteo. I've been there a couple of times (it is a 76 Station). They don't have a pump though, so you have to bring your can (which is why I like the pump station down in Auburn). The Mukilteo station charges about $7.50/gallon, while the Auburn station (which has a drive up pump) is "only" $5.75/gallon

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Re: (flybynight)

Well, I was wrong about the name of the gas station - it's not a 76 Station. We might be talking about two different places, unless it recently changed ownership. I just got back from the airport and there is an "Air-BP" gas station that sells "100LV" fuel for $3.95/gallon
. There are two credit card friendly self-serve pumps. The pumps are beyond a fenced-in parking lot between The Flight Deck restaurant and the Regal Air building. I checked with Regal Air and they said people hand-carry gas to the parking lot all the time. I assume then that this is a safe 100-octane fuel for our cars (I'm not sure what the LV means).

Flybynight, is the same gas station you are referring to, or are you talking about another place? The only Mukilteo 76 Station that I know of is due west of the airport about 1/4 mile and it appears to be a typical gas station.

- Tryg

At least the Air-BP station is less expensive than the other places you have been to, but I doubt you'll want to drive to BC and back with a leaky gas can rolling around in your trunk. Something tells me the border agents would have some questions for you.
Worse, they might pull out the rubber gloves!!!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (RainyS60R)

Actually the station I am thinking of is on the corner of Mukilteo Speedway and 84th ST SW. You are right, it is just a normal gas station, but they do sell 100 octane, but it is in a big drum. The only way to get it is to pump it into a can. So, I just drive down to Auburn instead. Cheaper, a little close and I can drive the R right to the pump. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
Hmmm, $3.95/gallon for 100. I wonder if it could be leaded gas. You can actually buy 116 octane gas cheaper than 100 or 101. The reason? It is good ol' regular gas and there aren't any gas taxes on it. Of course, I wouldn't want to run too much regular gas through my tank. Your cat will clog pretty quickly.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Re: (flybynight)

Quote, originally posted by flybynight »

Hmmm, $3.95/gallon for 100.

WTF!!! I just gased up with regular 91 piss for $3.15/gal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts