SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, trying to get a handle on how much food and drink to bring on both days.

Besides free barbecue food and non-alcoholic drinks, so far for prizes I have:

Free Laps of the Ring
Eibach Chronograph
Kienzle Aviator Watch
Official Volvo R Watch Autozentrum 2000
Takspeed calendars
Takspeed pens
Volvo for Life XBox video game
Volvo R Mug
Swedespeed Fleece pullover
Hats
and the list keeps growing...

I hear other sponsors will be sending stuff soon...

While I have a 20'x20' canopy and 8' table reserved (thanks Takspeed!), please bring lawn/portable chairs if you have them and perhaps a blanket to sit on.

V70R owners, if you have a small card table that will fit in back, those would be nice as well. We can leave them at picnic area with non-riders when on the track.

You may want to bring things like frisbees, badminton, etc. to keep youngsters occupied while we obsess over each others cars and take laps.

Looks like we will have a full house of stage 2/3s (Evolve, Svenske, Rica, BSR), so should be very interesting.

Please only vote if you plan on attending, as I'll use results to plan logistics -- (gdogg, that means don't vote in this poll).

Modified by "R" Kelly at 7:03 AM 3-22-2006

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: Attendance Survey, Nurburgring GTG 15-16 April ("R" Kelly)

How about a category - I would love to attend in Germany, one of the favorite places I was stationed in my 20 year military career, but can't figure out how to get my car there.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Attendance Survey, Nurburgring GTG 15-16 April (Hi Alt R)

Quote, originally posted by Hi Alt R »
How about a category - I would love to attend in Germany, one of the favorite places I was stationed in my 20 year military career, but can't figure out how to get my car there.

Boat? From the port of Los Angeleles to Bremen it is only $960 to ship. Probably much cheaper from the east coast.

Me, I would just hop on a plane and come hang out that weekend with us. LOTS of Rs to ride along with, and the Ferarris, Porscshes, Lamborghinis, McLarens are pretty cool to check out as well.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Re: Attendance Survey, Nurburgring GTG 15-16 April (Bavaria R)

Quote, originally posted by Bavaria R »
Bring both... a Belgian or Dutch fellow could drive the other one

That's a good idea, I wouldn't mind driving the black one for a day

·
Registered
514 Posts

I'm definately going. I have the dates set and am ready to go. I can bring some lawn chairs (3 or 4) or other items to help out, but I'd rather not bring anything just to keep my trunk empty. So please let me know what you REALLY need when the time comes.

I know wrxownr is planning on attending as well. I'm sure he'll comfirm whom and what he might bring to the GTG when the time comes.

Kevin

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: (JCviggen)

Quote, originally posted by JCviggen »
16 for sure, 15 depends on a lot of things. And Johann, bring the white one
(maybe I can still keep up with that one lol)

Oh you can keep up, don't worry.

I think I will take thw white one, didn't change all for nothing..

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Johann)

Just received word that Heico plans on coming again.

While I only see 11 or 12 owners for each of the days, I know a lot of R-Gang members that don't visit Swedespeed that often plan on coming, so we should have about 20 each day.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'll be there ... just made hotel reservations. KVB and I will get there Friday afternoon and will leave Monday. We should be able to get in a couple of extra (warm-up/practice) runs in Friday afternoon!
See everyone there!

Denny

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Attendance Survey, Nurburgring GTG 15-16 April (JCviggen)

Quote, originally posted by JCviggen »
woo, double amount of Belgians

JC, I think he is from Vlaanderen not Belgium... how close is that to Finland btw?

Desolez, je ne peux pas resiste.

·
Registered
104 Posts

2889 km to Helsinki from Gent according to the RTI ;-)

Flanders is a region in Belgium by the way, just like Walloon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanders

By the way, on a practical note, as many of us are traveling a couple of hours, when do you guys tend to be at a central place where we can meet up? Are there some fixed hours like 9h, 12h, 15h, ... when most people will be there?

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Attendance Survey, Nurburgring GTG 15-16 April (BenES)

Quote, originally posted by BenES »
We are all from 'Vlaanderen' ... the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, also your S60 is born there

Ghent out of here, really?

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Attendance Survey, Nurburgring GTG 15-16 April (BenES)

Quote, originally posted by BenES »
If I can, I will join too... looks like a really fun event!

Please do so! The more Volvo's the better although I think it will be extremely crowded during this weekend.

Yesterday Jan, Moi and a few fellow 850 drivers did the first laps of the year.

Although there was still a lot of snow besides the track and a lot of salt on the track it was fun to drive again.
Melting water running over the track made some parts a bit tricky but all in all things were OK.
Coming down into Brünnchen was OK but in the lower straight part the was a nice melt-water "river"..
Brünnchen exit was terrible thought, very slippery.

A few things that have changed,

For people who want to do multiple laps in a row there has been introduced a portable gate on the main straight. Instead of needing to drive off the track and back on you can now stay on the track and drive up to this portable gate. from there on you can enter the track at the pylons again and continue the ride. If this will work like intended it should shorten the waiting lines.

The track exit is wider. If necessary 2 lanes can be used.

The entrance to the field parking is made wider also, this wasn't finished yet but now there will be an entrance and exit lane instead of one shared lane with all the hassle coming with it.
However. Police was pretty picky on parking at the side of the road yesterday and demanded all cars to be removed. This even while the field was one big snow and mud puddle..

On the track there were a few places which have been resurfaced one being the last corner before the exit straight, Döttingerhohe, and it could be me but this corner didn't feel right. Maybe the asphalt was to new or the temps to low but it was difficult the find a confident line IMO. The bumps were mostly gone though.

The biggest change is Schwedenkreuz. The sideboards on the right are closer to the track. The curbs on the left side in the negative banking left hand corner just after the jump are gone. In this spot some 50 cm of asphalt was added. Personally I felt this as being an improvement because now you can stay at the far left where there is less banking which makes the car feel far more stable compared to the old situation where the car had a tendency to slide off to the right when speeds were up. It was also the first time I took the jump with a speed near 125-130 mph now.. Something Jan has been doing all along but I never felt confident in that part of the track.

Most of the other resurfacing is hardly unnoticeable.

Again it was a great day with nice sunny weather and temps near 50 degree and a ~55 degree high I guess during mid day.

Did 3 laps but unfortunately a turbo hose snapped halfway the third lap making the car lose boost instantly.

I could hear the hose clamp fall out of the engine bay and rattle underneath the car to fly off to the side of the track.. Improvising a bit I was able to fix the car but no more laps for the day. Later that evening I lost the second clamp on the highway..

Looks like a small mod is needed in this area.

See you April 16th!

Modified by Johann at 11:08 PM 3-20-2006

Modified by Johann at 11:09 PM 3-20-2006

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yep, had loads of fun. I have to say getting off the snowy field wasnt a particularly nice experience though! Glad none of you AWD guys were there to make fun of me

I actually enjoy the feeling of keeping the throttle down on the downhill before s-kreuz more than going over the hump, I always feel like I'm running out of road to brake on...heh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts