SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I always knew my Atacama had grown more orange over time, but I wasn't sure how much until now.

I bought a spare seat skin from Henry a while ago (and forgot about it!), and for the most part, its just as orange, if not more so, than my current driver seat skin.

BUT, when I flipped it over, there are a few tabs of leather that get tucked away and never see sunlight. This is a sample of one of those tabs.

It is considerably LESS orange than the rest of my interior. When I order leather dye, I'm thinking THIS should be the color I match, not the color as it is now.

What do you all think? Does ANYONE's Atacama still look this light and tan? It's closer to the color of a baseball glove, than it is to the pumpkin color that I'm so used to now...

(PS I painstakingly set the white balance on my camera so that the color you see most closely reflects the color I see with my eyes. I'm also posting two pics, one from my HTC and one from my iPhone, to reinforce that point)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Could you get a picture of it next to or on the current "faded" Atacama?

That does look more tan. My R has always been pretty orange and I've owned it for going on 8 years now.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you get a picture of it next to or on the current "faded" Atacama?

That does look more tan. My R has always been pretty orange and I've owned it for going on 8 years now.
Sure, when I get home.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I read somewhere that the dye BoW used was a two part dye, with a base coat (orange) and top coat (more tan/yellow).

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the meantime, I included some real-world items for reference.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the dye BoW used was a two part dye, with a base coat (orange) and top coat (more tan/yellow).

Can anyone confirm this?
Can't definitively confirm this, but where the outer layer has come off from wear, it seems to be a much lighter orange color. My question is that if it is from wear or sunlight fading, why isn't the inside of the seat pocket on the backs of the seats a dramatically different color?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't definitively confirm this, but where the outer layer has come off from wear, it seems to be a much lighter orange color. My question is that if it is from wear or sunlight fading, why isn't the inside of the seat pocket on the backs of the seats a dramatically different color?
Ohh, but it IS! On the seat Henry sold me, there's a strip along the BACK of the lower seat portion (where it lives tucked away under the upper seat) that is WAY more yellow than the rest.

I'll post a pic.

Also, my owners manual used to match my seats. It doesn't anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.