Re: Atacama Care (edonald849)

Lexol, Lexol, Lexol.
Did I happen to mention Lexol?

It works the best on Atacama

·
Registered
86 Posts

Lexol only. I get good pricing over the web at one of the hourse tack sites. I get their cleaner also but hav'nt used too much of that yet. God stuff, highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Lexol cleaner, Lexol conditioner, and Lexol's Vinylex for the dash. Lexol and only Lexol.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Re: (rollie)

Lexol is the consensus. The manufacturer/supplier of the leather, BOW, also has some recommendations if you check with them.

Having recently sat in JRL's '04, I can say that regular Lexoling works very well on this leather.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

Not that you need any more convincing, but LEXOL! (get the handy Lexol wipes, too, for small occasional jobs in between full applications) (e.g. dirty kids shoes on the seatbacks....

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Re: Atacama Care (icebiker)

Maybe I shouldn't weigh in here, as I have the metallic Nordkap leather. Nordkap is also a highly sensitive soft leather, albeit a more protected surface than that of the Atacama. I learned my lesson using Zymol and Ekornes products. The results were bad enough that I went right to the internet and, fortunately, found this forum. The Lexol has helped restore the appearance, but I fear the damage is done. I'm now left with very nice soft leather with only about half the original metallic luster.

If anyone with Nordkap has successfully restored their metallic finish after using a crap conditioning product, please IM me.

- Tryg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.