SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get AT&T NAV to "play" through the car's speakers like Google Maps does.

After chasing my tail over the Internet, I called ATT NAV hot line and was told it only plays through the phone...

Is this true? :rolleyes:
Makes free Google Maps more user friendly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When connected via bluetooth, you're only using a small set of the features of bluetooth. This is a problem with most vehicles. Google can cheat because google. There isn't a way that I have found around it, because the car doesn't see the phone as an audio source for anything other than calls.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
When connected via bluetooth, you're only using a small set of the features of bluetooth. This is a problem with most vehicles. Google can cheat because google. There isn't a way that I have found around it, because the car doesn't see the phone as an audio source for anything other than calls.
Well, that's not exactly accurate. I can Bluetooth all my iPhone music and videos through the stereo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you just not a fan of the in car NAV? While it does have some interesting routes on occasion and is overly polite, I haven't had any real issues with it.
That is so funny... just the other day I was giving a friend a ride in #22, and the Nav was on. Of course, it said, "Please, turn right", and his response was, "Wait... did your car just say 'Please'?". Every person says that!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, that's not exactly accurate. I can Bluetooth all my iPhone music and videos through the stereo.
Interesting. I've only connected android devices so far, and none of them have connected as anything other than a handset, which leaves A2DP audio out. I do have an iPhone around here somewhere that I can try. It would be nice to get some internet radio in the car(crapy base am/fm radio).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts