SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you in Europe, do your Polestar's have the wide angled split mirror surfaces? I'd like to upgrade my US spec mirrors if these are available. I've had them in other vehicles and they're a vast improvement over what our government thinks is good for us. Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
+1

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered the drivers side aspherical mirror from Borton Volvo in Minnesota. http://www.bortonvolvo.com/ I emailed their parts department and they responded quickly saying they had them in stock. It wasn't cheap. $121 + tax iirc. (drivers side only) But it was in stock and arrived within the week. Box noted "Made in United Kingdom". Part # on box was 30716479. Info on mirror was LH ASPH 3001-893. I just haven't had any time to install it yet. Anyone know how to easily remove the mirror glass from the housing or is it just ridiculously easy like pull hard and it pops off?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks very much for the information. I checked with Borton and unfortunately you do lose the auto dimming feature with that glass. The non-aspheric auto dimming glass cost $300 per side but they didn't know if it came in an aspheric version. I'll see what I can find.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah sorry forgot to mention the lack of auto dimming. I noticed it unfortunately didn't have the auto dimming in the glass as soon as i first saw it out of the box. Just hadn't thought about it until after it arrived. Oops. But not gonna worry about it for now. If I find any aspheric auto dimming I'll let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts