101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
16,560 Posts
Also, fast forward to 13:00. Our 2017 got a little exposure

https://youtu.be/zreQvxP2WOs

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Nice!
I tried to run. I’d say I gave it a decent try. I needed to pick up my game for some triathlons I was doing ten years ago and swim and bike was cake for me, but I’d never run in my life. No can do. Longest I could do was the half marathon and it was a paltry middle of the road finish for my Olympic distance tris. Hats off to you but that’s harsh on your body. There’s a reason they made comfy Volvo’s to go long distances. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Nice!
I tried to run. I’d say I gave it a decent try. I needed to pick up my game for some triathlons I was doing ten years ago and swim and bike was cake for me, but I’d never run in my life. No can do. Longest I could do was the half marathon and it was a paltry middle of the road finish for my Olympic distance tris. Hats off to you but that’s harsh on your body. There’s a reason they made comfy Volvo’s to go long distances. Lol

Hey, don't discount the half marathon. The majority of the population can't and haven't run a single mile. I'll be the first to say that running is kind of dumb, especially when you pay to do it haha. But yeah, traveling to the ultras in the Volvo has been pretty sweet!

·
Registered
16,560 Posts
Hey, don't discount the half marathon. The majority of the population can't and haven't run a single mile. I'll be the first to say that running is kind of dumb, especially when you pay to do it haha. But yeah, traveling to the ultras in the Volvo has been pretty sweet!

Well I did two in the same year and want to say I took 7 minutes off my second and last one. Hahahahaha. The trick was to do it at sea level at VA Beach (all flat too) with many thousands. I also found a time matched sign at the start lower than my happy average and pushed myself hard, and flat was what helped. Everyone running at the same pace is weird. You are working hard but hundreds of people around you are all moving the same pace so it seems like you’re not making progress. It was a “rock n roll” production so every mile there was a live band playing so that was nice. Well attended and people encouraging all the way helps also. I remember crushing it down the final stretch on the boardwalk and then they released videos of the finish line and watching myself it looks like I’m fing walking...I keep thinking I should pick up a few miles a week to try and keep trimmer but it’s hard to motivate. Biking less taxing on your body, but also open road riding is more dangerous- plus in this pandemic I’ve been riding at least 4/5 times to go about 25-30 and every single time I’ve had someone yell at me. 30 years of riding and now this?

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
The trailer for the new FX series, "A Teacher", features a P2 XC70 in multiple sections, including a backshot at around 30 seconds.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
In the new season of NBC's drama, "This Is Us", Sterling K. Brown's character, Randall Pearson, has given up his Mercedes Benz and is now driving a Volvo wagon. Perhaps one of you SPA peeps can enlighten me as to whether it is a V60 or V60CC.

Interior (with center touch-screen) is visible around 44:00, and the exterior is visible around 1:12:00.

https://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/video/forty-part-one-and-two/4254194

·
Registered
57 Posts
In the new season of NBC's drama, "This Is Us", Sterling K. Brown's character, Randall Pearson, has given up his Mercedes Benz and is now driving a Volvo wagon. Perhaps one of you SPA peeps can enlighten me as to whether it is a V60 or V60CC.

Interior (with center touch-screen) is visible around 44:00, and the exterior is visible around 1:12:00.

https://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/video/forty-part-one-and-two/4254194
He was driving a Volvo last year too, but I could’ve sworn it was an XC60. I haven’t watched the new season yet.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Member raivis_rsn posted this in a new thread, but thought it warranted inclusion here...

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Apparently, Volvo owners are fans of pop art painter, Steve Keene.

Buying habits also follow geographic and situational trends. Online, he’s noticed that “little micro-obsessions with me crop up, that might last for six months or so.” In general, though, he says that half of his output ends up shipping to California. At the Marlborough Contemporary exhibition, he sold around 1,500 paintings over the course of the month. Unlike college shows—where buyers would arrive with their cars, ready to pack “armloads of paintings” into the back of an omnipresent Volvo stationwagon—New Yorkers were more discerning by necessity. “They’d spend an hour deciding which small one to take,” Keene says. “It’s not that they didn’t want 10—it’s that they’d have to carry them.”

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
The new Showtime miniseries, Your Honor, a judge (Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad fame) confronts his convictions when his son is involved in a hit and run that embroils an organized crime family. Facing impossible choices, he discovers how far a father will go to save his son's life.

Any guess as to the guilty son's vehicle? Seen throughout several points in these trailers.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 · (Edited)
I couldn't find any online evidence but pretty sure a recent commercial for a recent episode of the CBS comedy The Unicorn appears to show a navy blue 145 or 245 with chrome hubcaps. No monetary reward for proof, just bragging rights.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
In the latest JPMorgan Chase Bank commercial a P2 XC90 is featured in the last seconds for hauling a vintage MCM chair.

·
Registered
882 Posts
In the latest JPMorgan Chase Bank commercial a P2 XC90 is featured in the last seconds for hauling a vintage MCM chair.

i feel seen

·
Registered
882 Posts
MCM Furniture...and the Volvo, of course.

Reactions: Chicago_Wagon

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 · (Edited)
A friend told me about this chase scene recently. I haven't actually watched the movie.

Halle Berry tries to run down a V70 with a minivan!

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
What??? Another insurance commercial? It’s like they’re safe or something.

P3 XC60, right? Anyone?

·
Registered
882 Posts
What??? Another insurance commercial? It’s like they’re safe or something.

P3 XC60, right? Anyone?

I think we have a few members who would load up their Volvo's with free wood.

Reactions: Chicago_Wagon
101 - 120 of 128 Posts