SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
JAG - LT Harriet Simms drives up in an S80 in a military cemetery. Same vintage as my 2003 S80.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Ever been to Gothenburg? They really are as common as you'd imagine.
Only Skavsta and Stockholm, but with the plant in Goteborg / Gothenburg, I imagine nearly everyone is sporting a Volvo.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
JAG - LT Harriet Simms drives up in an S80 in a military cemetery. Same vintage as my 2003 S80.
It's always exciting to see "your" car in a commercial. That's what inspired this thread. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
8,682 Posts

·
Registered
16,560 Posts
100%. The 940 looked similar but not as angular due to slightly different shaping and a higher trunk line + the body color was used on the C pillar of 740s vs blackout on the 940.

I'm thinking 740 sedan.

·
Super Moderator
8,682 Posts
Yeah, the C Pillar was the giveaway for me.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
SPA XC90 (RD?) in a CarMax commercial. At the very end.

·
Registered
16,560 Posts
Fatal attraction, 1987. Why Michael Douglas was such an idiot in this movie I will never know. Glenn Close grossed me out before I saw this movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
In addition to narration by dead characters, possible incest plot lines, and other intrigue; the Sky 1 TV drama “Delicious” features a beautiful, red 900 series wagon driven by Dawn French's character, Gina. I couldn't find any photos or video of it, but it's featured in a few shots in Season 1, Episode 4.

https://acorn.tv/delicious/

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 · (Edited)
When comedian James Corden and football legend David Beckham need to drive from LA to Miami, they go full Miami Vice and drive away in a Testarossa only to get caught in LA traffic. A white 240 sedan makes a guest appearance directly in front of them.

The video is over 10 minutes long, but to skip ahead 9:21 to see the final sequence.

·
Registered
214 Posts
81 - 100 of 128 Posts