SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A while back I saw this commercial for IAMS dog food that uses an Emerald V70 XC throughout to chronicle the experiences of a boy and his dog as they grow up together.

It got me thinking that it would be cool to start a "spotted" thread for Volvo vehicles wherever they are shown in advertising or other media, but not intended as the actual focus. (So, no Volvo car commercials themselves.)

I know you guys have posted some other random sightings in other threads, so anything you care to share?

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did anyone else notice the vehicle of choice for these spring break kids fighting off an armed assailant?

·
Super Moderator
8,682 Posts
Hinterland:

New Girl:

Also on "The Fall," on Netflix, but I can't find a picture.

·
Registered
728 Posts
A grey XC90 is in the parking lot in all of the latest Walmart commercials for their pick up service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,682 Posts
I actually just saw an old brick in (what I think was) a Spotify commercial on TV.

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Did anyone else notice the vehicle of choice for these spring break kids fighting off an armed assailant?

I'm more disappointed they got the gun and didn't shoot the two would be robbers. Here we have 4 safety conscience millennials driving a Volvo, and yet, all four are willing to risk their life to fight off an attacker. Seriously, what the heck... Now the taxpayer is stuck covering these thugs room and board for the next X amount of years.

At least no cars (or innocent people) were harmed in the making of this CCTV video.

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Pet Cemetery gave a homage to Volvo by proudly displaying the wagon as being a XC70. Sadly, while the Volvo would keep the family safe from the unexpected, the car did nothing o salvage an otherwise mediocre movie!

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pet Cemetery gave a homage to Volvo by proudly displaying the wagon as being a XC70. Sadly, while the Volvo would keep the family safe from the unexpected, the car did nothing o salvage an otherwise mediocre movie!
Any idea of the model year?

·
Super Moderator
8,682 Posts

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Any idea of the model year?
I thought the xc70 was discontinued in 2016 in the USA (Per google)...but googling shows a 2019 XC70. It looked brand spanking new so this leads me to believe it's a 2019.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
The one I see when Googling "Pet Sematary Volvo" is a P3. There is no XC70 after 2016 as you mentioned.

·
Registered
7,722 Posts

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
The article admits just that:

"It is still uncertain if the 2019 Volvo XC70 is coming back. These are just rumors and we are waiting for the carmaker to confirm them. Nevertheless, the XC90 takes the spotlight at the moment. When the popularity and interest of this model start to fade, it will be the right time for the new Volvo XC70 to appear."

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
The article admits just that:

"It is still uncertain if the 2019 Volvo XC70 is coming back. These are just rumors and we are waiting for the carmaker to confirm them. Nevertheless, the XC90 takes the spotlight at the moment. When the popularity and interest of this model start to fade, it will be the right time for the new Volvo XC70 to appear."
Ya. Just kind of feels odd Volvo would product place a 2016 XC70 (assuming it is a product placement) in the movie. Wouldn't you want to showcase a new model vehicle or a model being re-released. As, typically, products you see in movie aren't there by accident.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The car that the titular character drives in the show Rebecka Martinsson is a Volvo wagon...although maybe that’s not uncommon for a Swedish tv show.

I think it’s a V50? Also noticed that the badge on the right says “Classic”, which I’ve never seen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Imagine Volvo's are all over Swedish Television and Movies being their "national brand".

·
Super Moderator
8,682 Posts
Someone posted the other day on the R Facebook group that a blue Volvo wagon toy was used in a Robot Chicken sketch.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Saw this reference in the S60/V60 Spotted tread that I had forgotten about...

This may not exactly fit the format of this thread, but seen near the end of the movie Book Club, a blue V60 towing a little U-Haul trailer.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts