SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are xenon headlights available on the 2016 S60 T5e Premier?

I stopped by the dealership after-hours to see my 2016 S60 T5e Premier before picking it up tomorrow morning. I was shocked to see that it does not have xenons. I custom ordered the vehicle to the max with everything except the climate package (didn't want visible wires in the windshield) and I expected xenons too.

I can't believe that I didn't notice that it doesn't come with xenons. My custom ordered 2015.5 XC60 T5e has them. I tell everyone how bright they are. My friend just bought a Volvo and I told him to make sure to get xenons.

And Volvo's configurator no longer has a 2016 S60 T5e Premier available. So I can't rebuild my vehicle to verify the options.

No xenons are a deal killer. I live in Seattle where it rains a lot and I drive to and from work in the dark in the winter. So excellent lights are a must.

Freaking out and frustrated...

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look at the OSD ordering guide(file:///home/chronos/u-873cb7878ad252d78549230c038b3d9a3598ddfa/Downloads/Volvo-OSD-2016-S60-pricing-v3.pdf) Xenons do not come on the T5 Premier trim, but look to be a $800 accessory(Order Code 000605+000065), so it looks like you probably did not order them. The T6 Platinum trim does come with them standard. You also can order the Climate Package without the heated windshield; I have it on my P*.
I was going to do the OSD like I did with my XC60 but OSD vehicles cannot be leased. And the option of the climate package without the heated windshield really appealed to me. Perhaps I got confused about the xenons since they are available on the Premier via OSD and I was initially going to go that route. Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

I stopped by the dealership after-hours to see my 2016 S60 T5e Premier before picking it up tomorrow morning. I was shocked to see that it does not have xenons. I custom ordered the vehicle to the max with everything except the climate package (didn't want visible wires in the windshield) and I expected xenons too.

I can't believe that I didn't notice that it doesn't come with xenons. My custom ordered 2015.5 XC60 T5e has them. I tell everyone how bright they are. My friend just bought a Volvo and I told him to make sure to get xenons.

And Volvo's configurator no longer has a 2016 S60 T5e Premier available. So I can't rebuild my vehicle to verify the options.

No xenons are a deal killer. I live in Seattle where it rains a lot and I drive to and from work in the dark in the winter. So excellent lights are a must.

You will need to go with the Platinum trim level.

If you are going to lease the car, the difference in the monthly payment (between a Premier w/ Convenience and a Platinum) is not huge. See if they can run a leasing proposal for you, with the Platinum package.

Are you doing the S60 T5 Premier DriveE or the S60 Inscription T5 Premier DriveE? Ask them to run a lease quote on the S60 Inscription Drive-E with the Platinum trim level.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered a T5e Premier (non-Inscription). I cannot believe the regular wheelbase T5e is not available with xenons.

I ordered the beechwood leather which looks great with the Osmium Grey but that's a difficult combo to find. I may have to go with an Inscription with the beige on beige interior.

I wonder why the online configurator no longer shows the T5e Premier nor the Inscription with beechwood interior.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I wonder why the online configurator no longer shows the T5e Premier nor the Inscription with beechwood interior.
Must be a glitch. Beechwood is available in both the T5 Drive-E and T5 Drive-E Inscription.

·
Registered
223 Posts

They don't even have this trim level on the Volvo website, but are you familiar with the 2016 S60 T5 Drive-E R-Design Special Edition? It's looks like the T6 R-Design, but with the Drive-E FWD powertrain. It has standard Xenons and Harman Kardon audio. Here's one- T5 R-Design SE Drive-E

The following is standard vs. a T5 Drive-E Premier-
12-spkr Harman Kardon Audio
Sport Leather R-Design Seats
Adaptive HID/Xenon Headlights
Keyless Drive
19" alloys
Speed-sensitive steering
Priced at $3,100 higher than T5 Drive-E Premier.

It comes in-
Passion Red
Crystal White Pearl
Power Blue Metallic
Osmium Grey Metallic
Onyx Black Metallic
with Off-Black R-D Sport interior

The options are limited to BLIS, Heated Front Seats and Convenience Package.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
They don't even have this trim level on the Volvo website, but are you familiar with the 2016 S60 T5 Drive-E R-Design Special Edition? It's looks like the T6 R-Design, but with the Drive-E FWD powertrain. It has standard Xenons and Harman Kardon audio. Here's one- T5 R-Design SE Drive-E

The following is standard vs. a T5 Drive-E Premier-
12-spkr Harman Kardon Audio
Sport Leather R-Design Seats
Adaptive HID/Xenon Headlights
Keyless Drive
19" alloys
Speed-sensitive steering
Priced at $3,100 higher than T5 Drive-E Premier.

It comes in-
Passion Red
Crystal White Pearl
Power Blue Metallic
Osmium Grey Metallic
Onyx Black Metallic
with Off-Black R-D Sport interior

The options are limited to BLIS, Heated Front Seats and Convenience Package.
This car is only available in select markets. The only ones that it has been seen in is the South(TX) and Southeast.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
This car is on a pilot project and only available in the Southern Region of the country.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to the dealership to see what could be worked out. I considered the T5e Inscription Platinum and the T6e Platinum. Both were nice but the power of the T6e won me over. But things quickly went downhill during negotiations. I'm eligible for A-Plan (invoice) pricing and an extra $500 off via the Volvo Club of America. First, a stupid regional advertising fee ($400) and a donation for some foundation ($110) were unexpected--I wish the Volvo configurator would have had the advertising fee since it's Volvo that imposes it. (I just checked Edmunds which lists the fee, so why not Volvo?) Also, the dealership does not participate in the Volvo Club of America $500 discount. So right there the price was $910 more than expected. I can't blame the dealer for this--it's just unexpected and frustrating.

Then the salesman kept making mistakes on the lease terms--15k instead of 12k and $1,000 down when I told him no. Eventually, the quote on a $47,600 T6e Platinum with 36 months/12k was almost $580 before tax. The Volvo configurator was giving me $467 which was my target. A quote on the $44,700 T5e was just under $500. Turns out the sales manager was inflating the lease money factor by 100. He set it at 2.4% when the salesman showed me the sheet from Volvo that showed 0.024%. This added about $75 per month and left me feeling that the sales manger wasn't serious in negotiating.

Also, the only T6e Platinum they had was optioned with the $1,500 climate package which I didn't want, the plastic cover over the gauges was scratched, and the interior was my least favorite color. And the residual value of the T6e is a few points lower than that of the T5e. So, yet another unexpected cost increase.

My current lease is a $58k Lexus GS which is $599 per month for 27mo/12k. Considering the T6e is $11,000 less expensive and the lease is nine months longer, the Volvo doesn't look like such a deal. At 30 months, the sales manager wanted $609 per month for the T6.

So there were lots of things telling me to walk out.

The dealer where I purchased my XC60 was much easier to work with. Currently there are only a handful of T6e Platinums in my area and none are spec'd to my desires. Also, since it's late in the model year, residuals are low. So I will wait a bit to see if the 2017's come out then evaluate the leasing terms before contacting my previous salesman.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
The "foundation fee" is $10, not $110; it is for Alex's Lemonade Fund, a non-profit organization that raises funds for pediatric cancer research.

I know you love the power of the T6 but that changes the entire calculation with regards to comparing it vs what you had in mind.

The best, and most aggressive, incentives right now are on an S60 T5 Inscription; if I were you, I would focus my research and negotiations on that model.

·
Registered
827 Posts
And you absolutely should, sounds like you are being taken advantage of. Salesmen rarely "make mistakes" when they make an offer. The cap cost on this car is likely to be ~$43.5K, not sure what the current money factor is, but my gut feeling is that your monthly with $0 down (except bank and reg fees) should be near $500+tax.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The "foundation fee" is $10, not $110; it is for Alex's Lemonade Fund, a non-profit organization that raises funds for pediatric cancer research.

I know you love the power of the T6 but that changes the entire calculation with regards to comparing it vs what you had in mind.

The best, and most aggressive, incentives right now are on an S60 T5 Inscription; if I were you, I would focus my research and negotiations on that model.
The salesman showed me a sheet from Volvo that had both the T5 Inscription Platinum and T6e Platinum residuals as 55% for 30 months/12k and 51% for 36 months/12k. The numbers change every month but last year the T6e Platinum residual was as high as 58% for 36/12 in March. When I ordered my T5e Premier in October the residual was 57% for 36/12.

Going from 57-58% to 51% makes a huge difference in the monthly payment. Throw in a 2.4% interest rate instead of the correct 0.024% rate and things get ugly really fast.

edited to add:
Again, the sales manager wanted $580 per month for 36/12 and a 51% residual for the T6e Platinum. With a 58% residual, the correct interest rate, and the $500 Volvo Club of America incentive, the payment would be $397 before tax.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The T5 Inscription seems to have a really good deal going, since you were considering the T5 Premier, going with a T5 Inscription Platinum would give you the Xenons and some extra features and be at a price closer to what you had planned.
If the car is out there that you want, they can find it for you, if not then wait a bit more, new cars are being built all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts
The T5 Inscription seems to have a really good deal going, since you were considering the T5 Premier, going with a T5 Inscription Platinum would give you the Xenons and some extra features and be at a price closer to what you had planned.
If the car is out there that you want, they can find it for you, if not then wait a bit more, new cars are being built all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I wouldn't get an Inscription vs a T6. You need to think about the differences in where they were built.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I wouldn't get an Inscription vs a T6. You need to think about the differences in where they were built.
Was waiting for this. And so the China debate begins...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went to the dealership to see what could be worked out. I considered the T5e Inscription Platinum and the T6e Platinum. Both were nice but the power of the T6e won me over. But things quickly went downhill during negotiations. I'm eligible for A-Plan (invoice) pricing and an extra $500 off via the Volvo Club of America. First, a stupid regional advertising fee ($400) and a donation for some foundation ($110) were unexpected--I wish the Volvo configurator would have had the advertising fee since it's Volvo that imposes it. (I just checked Edmunds which lists the fee, so why not Volvo?) Also, the dealership does not participate in the Volvo Club of America $500 discount. So right there the price was $910 more than expected. I can't blame the dealer for this--it's just unexpected and frustrating.

Then the salesman kept making mistakes on the lease terms--15k instead of 12k and $1,000 down when I told him no. Eventually, the quote on a $47,600 T6e Platinum with 36 months/12k was almost $580 before tax. The Volvo configurator was giving me $467 which was my target. A quote on the $44,700 T5e was just under $500. Turns out the sales manager was inflating the lease money factor by 100. He set it at 2.4% when the salesman showed me the sheet from Volvo that showed 0.024%. This added about $75 per month and left me feeling that the sales manger wasn't serious in negotiating.

Also, the only T6e Platinum they had was optioned with the $1,500 climate package which I didn't want, the plastic cover over the gauges was scratched, and the interior was my least favorite color. And the residual value of the T6e is a few points lower than that of the T5e. So, yet another unexpected cost increase.

My current lease is a $58k Lexus GS which is $599 per month for 27mo/12k. Considering the T6e is $11,000 less expensive and the lease is nine months longer, the Volvo doesn't look like such a deal. At 30 months, the sales manager wanted $609 per month for the T6.

The dealer where I purchased my XC60 was much easier to work with. Currently there are only a handful of T6e Platinums in my area and none are spec'd to my desires. Also, since it's late in the model year, residuals are low. So I will wait a bit to see if the 2017's come out then evaluate the leasing terms before contacting my previous salesman.
To provide an update, I leased a similarly priced S60 T6e from another dealer. Price was the same except it had the Sport Chassis with 19" wheels instead of the winter package. I hate the ride. Read about that here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ide-of-T6e-with-19s-17s&p=3458697#post3458697

However, for the same 3 year/36,000 mile lease I am saving $3,700. The second dealer honored the VOCO X Plan pricing no questions asked, honored the $500 VOCA discount, didn't charge a phony advertising fee, and agreed to the base 0.00001 MF (0.024%). They even threw in the $200+ rubber floor mats. Other than being jacked around with regard to the lowered suspension, I'm very happy. They met my target price. The only negotiating I did was on the mats, so very painless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts