SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard on the news that the airbag recall is extended to 7 other car companies, and they specifically mentioned volvo suvs.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
http://www.safercar.gov/rs/takata/takatalist.html

UPDATE 9/28/2015, 12:30 p.m.: These recalls could soon grow to include additional carmakers. Via letter, NHTSA recently contacted seven automakers that aren’t currently included in the Takata recalls but which have used Takata-supplied airbags containing the suspect ammonium-nitrate propellant. The companies are Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Suzuki, Tesla, Volkswagen, Volvo (trucks), as well as specialty manufacturer Spartan Motors. According to The Detroit News, NHTSA said in the letter that the “remedy programs that are individual to each of the affected vehicle manufacturers have created a patch-work solution that NHTSA believes may not adequately address the safety risks presented by the defective inflators within a reasonable time. . . . This process is intended to produce solutions for the prioritization, organization, and phasing of remedy programs, and to appropriately address the multitude of factors contributing to the complexity of these recall programs.”

·
Registered
654 Posts
That is the list I saw, I assume when they say Volvo trucks that does not include us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts