SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a good amount of muddy splash up on my rocker panels. My S60 came with two small flaps mounted behind the front tires. I looked into a dealer installed kit. It priced out at over $200.00 installed!

I don't know if the kit has bigger flaps on the front? But the rear flaps look pretty good size and wrap around the body work a bit. Hmmm, I want protection but don't want to look like a truck or SUV.

Anyone out there using them? If so do you like them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had them installed on my 2013 S60 T5 when I purchased it. I agree with you I was concerned on the rear size as well. When I went to pick it up, They totally changed the look of the car and NOT in a good way. I had the dealer take them off. Don't waste your time in my opinion. I really wish they would come out with some that are similar to the front, that are not such a HUGE size variance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have them and like them. It's mostly a matter of taste. It saves me from having to scrape tar off the white car every so often. I paid around $60 (volvo OEM) for them and installation was a breeze (less than 10 minutes without special tools, didnt even have to lift the car). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have them and like them. It's mostly a matter of taste. It saves me from having to scrape tar off the white car every so often. I paid around $60 (volvo OEM) for them and installation was a breeze (less than 10 minutes without special tools, didnt even have to lift the car). Hope this helps.
Yes thanks. I wonder why the dealer gets so much for them installed. There must be a high markup on them with high labor.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I added them to my 2012 S60 T5 after I spent 10 minutes on the "test track" at the FDC and saw all the spray up the quarter panels. To me they do not look bad (I've seen bigger/uglier mud flaps on other vehicles) and are totally worth it (again, to me).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I purchased front and rear flaps for my T5 and they look fine to me, nothing too ostentatious.

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had them installed on my 2013 S60 T5 when I purchased it. I agree with you I was concerned on the rear size as well. When I went to pick it up, They totally changed the look of the car and NOT in a good way. I had the dealer take them off. Don't waste your time in my opinion. I really wish they would come out with some that are similar to the front, that are not such a HUGE size variance.
The rear one in the Volvo site picture looked big enough for the 242 I owned in the 70's ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts