SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we started to get the new Ford Interceptors in at work, the sedan (Taurus based) and the utility (Explorer based). I drive one of the utiltitys and am pleasantly suprised after years of driving a CVPI Crown Vic (absolute rubbish). So my question is are these Volvos shared platforms or something else?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm curious, VolvosRock, what you found to be "absolute rubbish" about the CVPI Crown Vics. Personally, I would have loved to find someone to trade me straight up for a nice clean used '03+ Crown Vic (or Grand Marquis) for my troublesome C70 ('01 Coupe, HPT, five-speed) before I gave it away. Simple, easy to work on, bulletproof reliability and rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gizmo. GD the CVPIs were/are a joke as a purpose built police package...out dated and severly under powered, 250 horses w/ the 4.6 litre. I found them un comfortable and the handling was mediocre at best. The upside was the RWD, but that only went so far. When I was a patrolman I actually drove and preffered the RWD pursuit rated Tahoes. The new cars with the NA 3.7 liter V6 are pushing 304 horses and the handling (we have teh AWDs) is amazing when compared to the CVPI or the tahoe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow - you found a Crown Vic "uncomfortable"? Hmm...maybe I just have a "Ford Sized Butt" or something. I hope that the 2013 5.0 Mustang I ordered through Overseas Military Sales has seats closer to the Vic than what I had in the C70...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Wow - you found a Crown Vic "uncomfortable"? Hmm...maybe I just have a "Ford Sized Butt" or something. I hope that the 2013 5.0 Mustang I ordered through Overseas Military Sales has seats closer to the Vic than what I had in the C70...
at least when you get that Mustang you'll be bitching on another Forum that I definitely won't be reading.
My C70 is a whole lot more comfortable than the '13 Mustang. I felt as thought the Mustang lacked room for my left shoulder, very uncomfortable. I'm 5'8"
It sounds as though you ordered this car without driving it first??????

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Volvo seats are hands down the most comfortable I've ever sat in, the Fords, not so much...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Volvo has orthopedic certified seats as standard while other German marques list them as expensive optional extras back then. Wonder it is the same now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts