SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm cruising with my foot off the gas.the RPMs are at 1900 going 40 miles an hour and drops from there.was wondering if that is normal?or should It drop down to normal idol speed 720?heres a video and my foot is off the gas the whole time. Thanks guys the car is 07 s60r automatic

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds normal to me. The torque converter is in lockup mode so your rpm's will stay up until you slow down more, or tap the brakes to release it. iirc ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok,and when I tap the brakes it doesn't drop down to rpm idle.untill about 15 mph I just was making sure was normal sense this is my first automatic.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ok,and when I tap the brakes it doesn't drop down to rpm idle.untill about 15 mph I just was making sure was normal sense this is my first automatic.
Sorry, that was incorrect about the brake, I had it mixed up with another car I drive. Mine works exactly like your vid.

Waitnig for the big storm tonight!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok good cause my wife's xc90 drops to idle speed at 35,40 mph but different tranny and torque converter. Thought something was wrong time for some mods!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
This is pretty funny. Is this LITERALLY your first auto? You've never driven an auto car before?
And yes, itll automatically downshift and flick the RPMs up when it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts