SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask is my 98 has a perfect, no rust sunroof but it has no rubber seal vissible around the top side like the S70 does. Is that normal?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yes they are different. They're different part numbers.

Volvopartswebstore lists three for the coupe:

The first two are definitely C70 only whereas the last one is C70, V70, S70 according to Tasca's trademotion site. But looking at the roof I have in my coupe, the new barely used one I bought off a guy last year (that is going in when I replace the entire mechanism) and the one on my S70 - the two coupe ones don't have that metal band around the top that the S70 one has.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know. Thank you sir.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another question. I noticed that my C70 doesnt have a pop up wind deflector when the sunroof is open like my 850's andS70s had. Is it missing or did the car not come with one?

Gary

·
Registered
474 Posts
another question. I noticed that my C70 doesnt have a pop up wind deflector when the sunroof is open like my 850's andS70s had. Is it missing or did the car not come with one?

Gary
This, I was wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if a deflector fron an S70 can be installed?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is much more wind noise from the sunroof (when open) in my C70 when my S70 has. Why wouldnt the C70 need it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have also the same question. My 2001 C70 does not have the deflector and the roof is very noisy, espesially when i open only the sunroof interior cover and the glass is closed. I have also noticed a small movement of the glass when i press it up with my hand which makes an annoying noice when the car hits a pothole:( . I used to think that the problem came when the previous owner changed the sunroof glass and probably something from the mechanism (may be the deflector) is missing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts