SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
FWIW, there are several of us running the Cadillac CTS-V pads (Raybestos #PGD-1050M) and I have not been able to tell a difference from stock. They are a fraction of the price of OEM pads from Volvo.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
FWIW, there are several of us running the Cadillac CTS-V pads (Raybestos #PGD-1050M) and I have not been able to tell a difference from stock. They are a fraction of the price of OEM pads from Volvo.

With equal dust levels?

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
Re: (S60R1)

Quote, originally posted by S60R1 »

With equal dust levels?

I would guess about the same amount. I didn't replace mine as a lower-cost option. I had the "brake hum" (blowing over a beer bottle) effect at 30-60mph cruising speed and the only thing that seemed to fix it was replacing the pads with these, which were recommended to me by someone on here awhile back.
Now that I see they work identical to the OEM, there's really not a reason to stop using them. I don't track my car nor put it in extreme conditions (too often
) so I don't need a crazy high performance pad.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: Are OEM pads worth it? (MigsS60R)

Quote, originally posted by MigsS60R »
Just got a quote from John over at BVV for pads at $145!! Are they that much better or are Evolve or Red Stuff pads just as good? Thanks in advance for the advise.

OEM pads are actually very good IMO. The only bad thing about them are the brake squeal at low speeds and the ridiculous amount of brake dust. Many go aftermarket for a low dust pad with equal or better stopping power, and the price is better or about the same as OEM.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MigsS60R »
Just got a quote from John over at BVV for pads at $145!! Are they that much better or are Evolve or Red Stuff pads just as good? Thanks in advance for the advise.

145 for the front pads or all 4 corners?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »

Did not know this. Where can I get these pads, and are they direct replacement?

Thanks

Henry

·
Registered
3,481 Posts

OEM pads are very expensive for this car.

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
Re: (lowenhart)

Quote, originally posted by lowenhart »

Did not know this. Where can I get these pads, and are they direct replacement?

Thanks

Henry

http://www.rockauto.com has them for $50/set (front) and $43/set (rear). There is a wholesaler closeout right now that has 2 sets left for $31/set (front).

And they actually have a rebate right now. $6 per set of brake pads.

Aside from that, there are other sources for those pads, but I generally find rockauto to trump the competition.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Are OEM pads worth it? (T5 for Life)

Quote, originally posted by T5 for Life »
OEM pads are very expensive for this car.

They didn't used to be. There was a price hike last year and the price of the pads nearly DOUBLED.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: Are OEM pads worth it? (Needsdecaf)

RAYBESTOS Part # PGD1016M {Professional Grade; Semi Metallic; 3.040" X 5.190" (Up to a $25 Rebate with Purchase of Select Raybestos Rotors and Pads. See More Info for Details)}
Front; Semi-Metallic; R; Originally Equipped With Semi-Metallic

The part number is listed differently is this it?

Wholesale price $27!!!!

Thanks

Henry

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
Re: Are OEM pads worth it? (lowenhart)

Quote, originally posted by lowenhart »
RAYBESTOS Part # PGD1016M {Professional Grade; Semi Metallic; 3.040" X 5.190" (Up to a $25 Rebate with Purchase of Select Raybestos Rotors and Pads. See More Info for Details)}
Front; Semi-Metallic; R; Originally Equipped With Semi-Metallic

The part number is listed differently is this it?

Wholesale price $27!!!!

Thanks

Henry

I wouldn't count on those working.

Look up a 2006 Cadillac CTS-V. They have PDG1050M

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: Are OEM pads worth it? (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

They didn't used to be. There was a price hike last year and the price of the pads nearly DOUBLED.

The weird thing is that I recently picked up some Volvo OEM pads here (Canada) for $120 CAN ($98 US). This must be a first in Volvo history, parts that are cheaper in the Great White North. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I use the Ferodo pads, they are VERY agressive, but DAMN are they worth every penny...

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
Re: (adykes)

Quote, originally posted by adykes »
I use the Ferodo pads, they are VERY agressive, but DAMN are they worth every penny...
Me too (DS2500). It's a must for trackdays - I run them all summer. I switch back to OEM pads when the Blizzaks go on. Almost $500 for a complete set (F+R) of the DS2500s but damn it is worth it!!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: Are OEM pads worth it? (ktm_525)

Quote, originally posted by ktm_525 »

The weird thing is that I recently picked up some Volvo OEM pads here (Canada) for $120 CAN ($98 US). This must be a first in Volvo history, parts that are cheaper in the Great White North. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Really??
That is great news!

·
Registered
146 Posts

I picked up these about a month ago. They cost less than the OEM pads, barely have any brake dust at all and feel very similar to the stock pads in feel with no squeal.

EVOLVE V70R Performance Brake Pads 04-07 (Front)
Part#: 410:10033
(Qty: 1 x $89.00)

EVOLVE V70R Performance Brake Pads 04-07 (Rear)
Part#: 410:10034
(Qty: 1 x $89.00)

Just my .02

Ken

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: (Warpedcow)

Quote, originally posted by Warpedcow »

Me too (DS2500). It's a must for trackdays - I run them all summer. I switch back to OEM pads when the Blizzaks go on. Almost $500 for a complete set (F+R) of the DS2500s but damn it is worth it!!

Site please?!

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Re: (Warpedcow)

Quote, originally posted by Warpedcow »

Ouch, $500?? I paid a great deal less for mine, they were $186 for the front and $115 for the rear from http://raceshopper.com/

Hawk HPS on the left, Ferodo DS2500 on the right.

V70R thread: http://www.v70r.com/forums/ind...&st=0

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.