SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

17x8.5 and 17x9.5 BBS RS178s. 205/45 in front and 215/45 in the rears. Front coilovers still need to come down about half an inch. Enjoy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
From a more conservative (general car enthusiast) perspective, it seems a good idea taken a step too far.

I don't mind the rear view or side view (90 deg), but anything at an angle just looks odd to me, with those rims protruding outside of the sidewall of the tires and outside of the vehicle ... the way the tires are hugging the wheel wells & rims sticking out ... it just doesn't fit visually.

My vote would be for rims that don't protrude and stick to rubber around that size ... especially if you are going to lower the car further.

Or keep the rims, raise the car and apply wider rubber? But a lowered vehicle is probably your priority.

Just my 0.02.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My title was all sarcasm. Haha. Sorry. I know they're too skinny, but the tires and wheels sit exactly how I wanted them to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I figured you were going for something different ... but hey, you were asking for input :)

Otherwise I like the blacked-out stealthy sporty look you're going for. Mine of course would have "too boring" rims ;)

·
Registered
4,381 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
But your missing the excessive amounts of negative camber that are supposed to go with that kind of setup - lol.
That might be a bit too much for the average Volvo driver ;)

I've seen a few of those cars in warmer parts of the country. I don't think you could drive that setup in frost & snow country. The roads are in such poor shape you couldn't even drive it in the summer.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Looks good! I've always liked the stretched tire look, just not something I'd personally do though.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Not a fan of the look/functionality at all, though I must say from the stand point of that style, it does look like a very clean job! :thumbup:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Otherwise I like the blacked-out stealthy sporty look you're going for. Mine of course would have "too boring" rims ;)
All the stickers have been removed, so it definitely looks a lot cleaner now.

But your missing the excessive amounts of negative camber that are supposed to go with that kind of setup - lol.
No need for the camber, I don't have that much poke. I wish I could have a little bit more camber in the rear though.

That might be a bit too much for the average Volvo driver ;)

I've seen a few of those cars in warmer parts of the country. I don't think you could drive that setup in frost & snow country. The roads are in such poor shape you couldn't even drive it in the summer.
Yeah, it's pretty rough in Milwaukee. Constant scanning of the road right in front of me to avoid pot holes and dips. Sucks, but, you gotta pay to play. lol

Not a fan of the look/functionality at all, though I must say from the stand point of that style, it does look like a very clean job! :thumbup:
Thanks! And I am picking up a set of Canistos this weekend with square tires on them that I'll be using if I ever feel the need to beat the car.

looks good, glad to see some more people fitting up the volvos! spin those fronts down now!
Fronts went down another half inch or so. I only have 1" lower to go in the front with the helper springs removed. They'll probably stay where they're at. Zero rubbing or anything in the front, so I'll stick with it.

here's some better pictures I recently took:

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
your tires might not be , but I bet your pants are :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts