SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are my seats still under warranty at 47K? - FIXED :)

My seat bottom on the drivers seat seems to creak a lot when I make a turn. It sounds like something is loose underneath the seat. I do not think it is the seat bumping up against the center console. The seat itself doesn't really wiggle or anything, but when my weight shifts in a turn it makes noise.<p>I've had the dealer tighten some bolts and put grease on the connection points but that didn't really help. If there is something mechanically wrong with the seat is it still under warranty?<p>Thanks.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by mlieras at 7:57 AM 10-9-2009</i>

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: Are my seats still under warranty at 47K? (mlieras)

I have the exact same problem and its insanely annoying and I have about 45k on my car. My car is going to the dealer on Monday for another issue and I am goin to have them look at it. I will keep you posted with what happens.<br>-Garey

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mlieras</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My seat bottom on the drivers seat seems to creak a lot when I make a turn. It sounds like something is loose underneath the seat. I do not think it is the seat bumping up against the center console. The seat itself doesn't really wiggle or anything, but when my weight shifts in a turn it makes noise.<p>I've had the dealer tighten some bolts and put grease on the connection points but that didn't really help. If there is something mechanically wrong with the seat is it still under warranty?<p>Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Your warranty is good at 47k...good until 50k or 4 years from I.S.D.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Are my seats still under warranty at 47K? (BigG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>BigG</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the exact same problem and its insanely annoying and I have about 45k on my car. My car is going to the dealer on Monday for another issue and I am goin to have them look at it. I will keep you posted with what happens.<br>-Garey</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Cool, thanks. The next time I take it in I'll mention it again as well. I can't remember when it started making noise to be honest. Maybe at around 35K?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Theres a bulletin about clicking noises from seats. Im not sure if it applies to R's. If you take it in, make sure you ask about it, maybe it will save you some time.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Is your seat hard against any of the stops? I've had that issue in the past where just bumping the power motor in one direction or the other would make squeaks and creaks go away. <p>Obviously oiling the squeaky part is the ideal solution, but if you get no satisfaction from the dealer, try that.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: (Turb04S60)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Turb04S60</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Theres a bulletin about clicking noises from seats. Im not sure if it applies to R's. If you take it in, make sure you ask about it, maybe it will save you some time.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Has to do with the WHIPS mounting. Had this problem early on as well. One on the very short list of issues with my car. There is/was a TNN for this, just don't have the paperwork handy to look it up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (LloydDobler)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>LloydDobler</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is your seat hard against any of the stops? I've had that issue in the past where just bumping the power motor in one direction or the other would make squeaks and creaks go away. <p>Obviously oiling the squeaky part is the ideal solution, but if you get no satisfaction from the dealer, try that.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>No it's not all the way back. I did try moving it up closer to the wheel but I'm too tall to drive it like that. The noise seemed to go away if I giggled my bum in the seat but couldn't really road test.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the seats "creak" quite a bit where the pillowy leather meets the plastic near the memory buttons. I've noticed this since the car was new.

·
Registered
956 Posts
There was a TNN abou this. My R seat was done (added some sort of material). The sound is slowly coming back. I will have it adressed soon.<p>

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (ktm_525)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ktm_525</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There was a TNN abou this. My R seat was done (added some sort of material). The sound is slowly coming back. I will have it adressed soon.<p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Thanks. Do you happen to know the TNN number? It should be on your work order. No worries if you don't feel like digging through your paperwork.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: (mlieras)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mlieras</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Thanks. Do you happen to know the TNN number? It should be on your work order. No worries if you don't feel like digging through your paperwork.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>TNN 85-28<p><br>

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>BigG</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the exact same problem and its insanely annoying and I have about 45k on my car. My car is going to the dealer on Monday for another issue and I am goin to have them look at it. I will keep you posted with what happens.<br>-Garey</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Bump - were you able to have this looked at? I'm thinking about taking mine in next week for service and want to have this looked at. It's really annoying.

·
Registered
242 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mlieras</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Bump - were you able to have this looked at? I'm thinking about taking mine in next week for service and want to have this looked at. It's really annoying.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>My Bad Man...I lost track of the thread...Yeah I took the car in and they "fixed" it but it only lasted a few hours...what ever they did was covered but it was not a permanent fix. I will probably have it back in by the end of the month bc my warranty is up in July...let me know if u make out any better

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>BigG</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>My Bad Man...I lost track of the thread...Yeah I took the car in and they "fixed" it but it only lasted a few hours...what ever they did was covered but it was not a permanent fix. I will probably have it back in by the end of the month bc my warranty is up in July...let me know if u make out any better</TD></TR></TABLE><p>No worries. That's what happened the last time I had them look at this. It was quiet for a day then started creaking again.

·
Registered
46 Posts

My driver seat just started making this clicking noise at 43k miles but my warranty has expired. Does anyone know a permanent fix?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I have more of a hollow clank (sounds like an aluminum thermos striking metal) and like others have reported it sounds like something is loose under the seat but their isn't. Anyone have the full text of TNN 85-28? Mine occurs mainly when I'm turning.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I had the dealer look at it again a few weeks ago. They replaced a few bolts they found loose but that didn't actually help:<p>987486 - SEMS Screw<br>985048 Flange Screw<br>85211-2 Side compartment panel<p>I think I'm going to take it back next week with that TNN and see what they say.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts