SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to buy a second set of daily driver tires for my 2001 S40, and two different tire shops refused to install H-rated tires on it. <P>Both went to the computer and told me that because the 2001 comes with V-rated tires, they won't permit installing H-rated on the car.<P>I thought the 2000 came with H-rated tires, and since it is otherwise the same, there should be no reason that I can't use H's. <P>I intend to get high performance tires on a second set of rims for the summer, but for the winter/daily driver, I just need the basics.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I kind of understand why the tire shops won't do it, but it does sould silly, imho. They're covering their arses it would seem, because I don't think they're allowed to install a tire that isn't rated for the max speed of said vehicle.<P>However, I run S (I think) rated Hakks in the winter, and no tire shop has had quams about that, what with having a car that exceeds 130mph, and then some.<P>Maybe try another shop and explain your case... maybe offer to sign a waiver of some sort? I dunno, grabbing at straws here. :)<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts