SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through the manual but could not find a word how to adjust front seat head rests. Are they adjustable at all? Up, down, forward or backward? It does not seem so, but it would be very weird if they are indeed just fixed to the back rest.

Thank you!
Konstantin

·
Registered
252 Posts
I read there is a strong reason for that. I understood that during accident, those adjustae head rests tend to move and cause more damage to the head and neck which is why Volvo chose to make it fixed to reduce that risk

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
A neck pillow could be more comfortable.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I read there is a strong reason for that. I understood that during accident, those adjustae head rests tend to move and cause more damage to the head and neck which is why Volvo chose to make it fixed to reduce that risk
Except on the new XC40... which I believe has adjustable headrests.

My understanding was that Volvo safety centre determined that most motorists don't adjust the headrests properly to prevent injury, they adjust them for driving comfort.

·
Registered
934 Posts
When you see people driving with poorly set up headrests you understand why Volvo doesn't allow you to move them.

Next thing they should not allow customers to touch is their side-view mirrors. You should enter your height and the car should adjust them for you. Every day I see so many drivers with massive blind spots. Tip: If you can see your car in the side-view mirrors and/or you see the same car in the centre mirror and the side mirror you should open your side mirrors a lot more.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
The head restraints are a safety feature, not a comfort feature.
This word makes all the difference. A while ago, I was bicthing about the same (almost) unusable headrests and then someone pointed out they are head "restraints" and support to have safety as their primary feature. None the less, I still think, Volvo could have done a better job of making them usable as rests and supports.

·
Registered
669 Posts
This word makes all the difference. A while ago, I was bicthing about the same (almost) unusable headrests and then someone pointed out they are head "restraints" and support to have safety as their primary feature. None the less, I still think, Volvo could have done a better job of making them usable as rests and supports.
I bought the cushions that you can strap to the “head restraints.” I wish that the were the same set up as my parent’s 1977 244 DL where they went over the “head restraint” and then zipped at the bottom with a zipper. The ones for the SPA cars are placed against the face of the “head restraint” and held on with a Velcro strap that goes over the to and under the bottom. While effective, the straps do look tacky.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Except on the new XC40... which I believe has adjustable headrests.
The XC40 does not have adjustable front head rests. I don't know if Volvo has had adjustable front head rests on any car.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The XC40 does not have adjustable front head rests. I don't know if Volvo has had adjustable front head rests on any car.
Thanks for the correction Tech.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts