SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the tape deck with a CD button and changer controls. I was wondering if the car is prewired for a changer. I mean, if I search through the trunk will I find an outlet to plug a factory changer into? If so, how hard is a factory changer to come by? <p>This seems easier than putting in an aftermarket player. Is it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Are 850s prewired for a CD changer? (JZ)

Check out <A HREF="http://www.volvoworld.com" TARGET="_blank">www.volvoworld.com</a> they have the factory cd changers. The 6 cd changer is $200. But you have to get the kit and it cost either $78 or $102 depending on the installion of vertical or horizontal

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Are 850s prewired for a CD changer? (doublej95)

I checked out that website - thanks for the link. I'm new to Volvos so the resources on the Internet I'm aware of are slim to none.<p>They don't say whether the installation kit is wiring or just a mounting kit. Is the cable already run and hiding somewhere in the trunk, or does the changer come with a cable I'll have to wire up to the dash?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Are 850s prewired for a CD changer? (JZ)

I believe the kit comes with wiring but not 100% sure. Check out another forum volvospeed.com you can find the answer in there audio forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Are 850s prewired for a CD changer? (doublej95)

I have an 850 T5R and I bought a glove box compartment 6 CD changer $200 and it includes everything you need to install the system to your existing radio/casette (SC-816 i think).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts