SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't really sure if I should start a thread for this, but I will be doing the ARD tune soon and was curious as to what kind of options are popular (for example, ejector seats for that bad date). I make the joke because I know Lucky can do nearly anything in terms of customization.

I personally was thinking about leaving the chassis settings alone in terms of suspension and shift timing. When I want to drive aggressive, I like the stiffy suspension and the aggressive shift timing of advanced mode. When I want to cruise to work, I like how the comfort is soft and will actually down shift so I don't have to hear the roar of 4,000RPM all the way to work. In other words, I just want the powerband adjusted in all three modes to make the car more lively. My only problem with this is it is too much like a normal tune from any other supplier. I wouldn't be using Lucky to his full capabilities and I think he needs more of a challenge.

My question is, what other crazy ideas are out there that I may not have thought of yet? Is it unreasonable to suggest a 20 psi max boost over 18 psi? Should I consider leaving the chassis buttons alone and use another button to change between a stock tune an balls deep tune (pardon my French)? That way I can choose my chassis setting separate from my power tune, depending on my mood? Please chime in with ideas, none are too ridiculous. :eek:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I mean anything is possible. My tune is going to be more aggressive in timing and boost, Ill be installing the ECU friday so I will tell you what my boost levels and everything are. I do not think lucky recommends going over 18 unless you have water/meth just as a precautionary. And i am sure that my tune will be specific to my needs. But easiest thing to do is just email him and ask him. He responds very quickly

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Leave Lucky to tell you whats the best and safe option for you and your car, then Enjoy!!!.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I wonder if ARD ever offers group deals? So far their prices seems to be the best by far. However added discounts would be great. I just know how i feel about not being able to drive the car while the ecu is out. What if you decide to get rid of the tune in the future? Can it be reversed?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
For sure he cant, but it cant be posted here due sponsors policy, thats why he never post again on SS. If you want to put the car back in stock, Lucky will have your stock tune saved. He has my BSR stage III saved cause now i run K24 swap on my car.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leave Lucky to tell you whats the best and safe option for you and your car, then Enjoy!!!.
Very true, and I know he can do any possibilities. But at the same time, it ultimately has to be your decision of what you want. I thought this could be a good thread to toss ideas around to expose some of us to new ideas. It would also be cool if people posted exactly what they requested from Lucky when they ordered their tunes so the rest of us know. It would be helpful info to me and possibly others.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wonder if ARD ever offers group deals? So far their prices seems to be the best by far. However added discounts would be great. I just know how i feel about not being able to drive the car while the ecu is out. What if you decide to get rid of the tune in the future? Can it be reversed?
if you can get away for not driving your car for 2 days then youll be fine. Sent out my ecu this morning from tennessee, Lucky said I would probably have it back by this friday morning

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you can get away for not driving your car for 2 days then youll be fine. Sent out my ecu this morning from tennessee, Lucky said I would probably have it back by this friday morning
What options did you opt for? Also let us know how it works out for you!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Can Lucky make the S60r have launch control (2-step)?

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
i will tell you this but im not sure if it happened or not, but i requested my check engine light to come on as a shift light. Will report back tomorrow night, ecu will be in in the morning

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
i will tell you this but im not sure if it happened or not, but i requested my check engine light to come on as a shift light. Will report back tomorrow night, ecu will be in in the morning
When does the shift light come on? What determines that?

·
Registered
727 Posts
When does the shift light come on? What determines that?
i requested it on my build sheet along with rev remover and electronic speed limit removal. Im not sure if he did it or not. But i will know tomorrow

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I know that....but what is he going off of for the shift light? Like how does he know when to set it? Max hp? Max tq?

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly why I made this thread. I almost forgot to have the governor removed for those days I want to drive 160. Thanks guy!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
If he can make the red warning triangle flash quickly as soon as you hit 6500rpm that would be siiiiick

Wonder if he can make a safe downshift light too, like when below 4000rpm in advanced mode the yellow warning triangle would flash quickly (but not as quickly as the red upshift warning) so you don't even have to check the rpms to know it's safe to downshift...wouldn't really use it ever but it'd still be awesome!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Can Lucky make the S60r have launch control (2-step)?
I know it was mentioned that he was working on doing launch control and no lift to shift. I would pay extra for a tune with launch control!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What are some other clever levers (other than the chassis settings buttons) that could be used to switch between tunes? The reason I ask is because I want to keep the chassis settings unchanged.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I wouldn't be messing with check engine lights just in case for inspections... Go buy a shift light their cheap enough..

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am getting close to purchasing my ARD tune and just want to make sure I am not overlooking anything. I asked Lucky what different variables he has the ability to change and all he said was "virtually anything" which didn't really help me stir up any ideas.

Challenge: Can anyone come up with a list of the different variables it is important to tweak when building a tune? (ex. boost pressure, throttle mapping, etc.)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts