SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on the Facebook, sounds like we'll be getting ARD tunes for the R very soon! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I'm excited to start seeing some #'s and member feedback on this tune.

From FB: "Oh yes!! I get so excited sometimes I end up burying my self in my work and forget to share the updates! Snabb Performance is where we launch our latest offerings and we're finalizing our handheld loader this week for release on the Snabb website! We are also now happy to announce that we offer tuning for all Volvo models from 1994-2009 including P1 chassis... We're just getting caught up now so please be patient as we get the website updated with all the latest offerings and info! For any specific questions shoot us an email [email protected] Thanks all!"

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
:)... This is quite exciting, I will be looking into ARD as a possible tuning solution if the stand-alone setup I am working falls through. I need to find a tuner that can accomodate my future needs and ARD seems to fit the bill being local and able to dyno tune.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They are local to us? WHERE!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just saw this on the Facebook, sounds like we'll be getting ARD tunes for the R very soon! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I'm excited to start seeing some #'s and member feedback on this tune.

From FB: "Oh yes!! I get so excited sometimes I end up burying my self in my work and forget to share the updates! Snabb Performance is where we launch our latest offerings and we're finalizing our handheld loader this week for release on the Snabb website! We are also now happy to announce that we offer tuning for all Volvo models from 1994-2009 including P1 chassis... We're just getting caught up now so please be patient as we get the website updated with all the latest offerings and info! For any specific questions shoot us an email [email protected] Thanks all!"
hahhaah that is my comment he was replying to! I am beyond excited to see what the numbers are and to talk to lucky directly. I know some people do not like to be the guinea pig for a new company but I have confidence in lucky that he will make a great tune!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahhaah that is my comment he was replying to! I am beyond excited to see what the numbers are and to talk to lucky directly. I know some people do not like to be the guinea pig for a new company but I have confidence in lucky that he will make a great tune!
I saw that! I figured it had been a few days so why not share the good news with the rest of the R Forum :D

I'm still probably a year or so away from getting a tune but I'm looking forward to seeing what the ARD tune has to offer. Good on ya for being a guinea pig! :thumbup: Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I know i'm not an 04+ R but I can attest to Lucky's tunes so far.

I went from IPD's MTE tune to ARD's Green tune on my 1998R(See sig for mods). I can say, beyond absolutely any doubt, that the ARD tune completely blows the IPD tune out of the water. I mean KILLS it dead. The IPD tune made by MTE is jerky it it's boost delivery...5....10...finally 15. The ARD tune has such a dynamic boost table I can watch my gauge and make it say anything I want with relative ease. Mid range power is greatly improved over the IPD tune. Plus, the bump up to 17psi from 15 was nice up top.

Also, with the IPD tune I saw MAX 24mpg highway. With the ARD tune I just got 29mpg on a recent trip. Yeah, 29mpg in a '98V70R with 140K and intact AWD..I didn't think it possible but the ARD tune's fuel trimming at cruising is just that good!

I have yet to see a single bad review of an ARD tune. For the 1998-2000 cars ARD is the way to go, no ifs and or buts about it. I wouldn't expect any less for his 04+ R tunes but only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Softloader coming soon

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Ok stop it guys I already have a tune and now you guys are making me want a new one

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I know i'm not an 04+ R but I can attest to Lucky's tunes so far.

I went from IPD's MTE tune to ARD's Green tune on my 1998R(See sig for mods). I can say, beyond absolutely any doubt, that the ARD tune completely blows the IPD tune out of the water. I mean KILLS it dead. The IPD tune made by MTE is jerky it it's boost delivery...5....10...finally 15. The ARD tune has such a dynamic boost table I can watch my gauge and make it say anything I want with relative ease. Mid range power is greatly improved over the IPD tune. Plus, the bump up to 17psi from 15 was nice up top.

Also, with the IPD tune I saw MAX 24mpg highway. With the ARD tune I just got 29mpg on a recent trip. Yeah, 29mpg in a '98V70R with 140K and intact AWD..I didn't think it possible but the ARD tune's fuel trimming at cruising is just that good!

I have yet to see a single bad review of an ARD tune. For the 1998-2000 cars ARD is the way to go, no ifs and or buts about it. I wouldn't expect any less for his 04+ R tunes but only time will tell.
My IPD tune is not "jerky" nor have I heard that from anyone else....maybe it's your car.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Im in the same boat as you Mountain, about a year away from tune time. Hopefully we dont get left in the dust by everyone in a GB :(

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes. We need a groupbuy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Of course I'm in. Looking forward to the drive up to get it dialed in :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My IPD tune is not "jerky" nor have I heard that from anyone else....maybe it's your car.
Nope, car is in tip top shape. It's not jerky, i guess that was the wrong word. The tune was nice, but the boost wasn't dynamic, it was leveled, either 5, 10 or 15...very little in between. It was basically a 2 dimensional boost table. Lucky does a full 3d if you will boost table, with everything, RPM, throttle position, speed, gear, etc. For instance, it won't hit 17psi until 3rd gear, in 1st and 2nd it's at 15psi..much healthier for the driveline. But mainly, the boost is just dynamic, it's not notched levels at all, it's always exactly where my foot tells it to be.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nope, car is in tip top shape. It's not jerky, i guess that was the wrong word. The tune was nice, but the boost wasn't dynamic, it was leveled, either 5, 10 or 15...very little in between. It was basically a 2 dimensional boost table. Lucky does a full 3d if you will boost table, with everything, RPM, throttle position, speed, gear, etc. For instance, it won't hit 17psi until 3rd gear, in 1st and 2nd it's at 15psi..much healthier for the driveline. But mainly, the boost is just dynamic, it's not notched levels at all, it's always exactly where my foot tells it to be.
I have no doubt that Lucky's tune will be superior to IPD.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
IF the groupbuy happens, and IF it's at $350 or so, I'd hold off on hardware upgrades and get the tune now :D. I would just reprogram later when the FMIC and exhaust go on :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.