SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I upgraded to a blue tune. This tune is for a 5 speed X70. $265 shipped in the US.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
98 s70 t5m

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Green - Tuned for 17psi of boost (HPT) with added enrichment/timing in select spots on the map. Set up for stock cars to cars with DP, exhaust.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I understand what the ARD website says about the green tune. When you order the ECU from them, you have to fill out a build sheet with the modifications your vehicle has so the tune can be set up correctly. This goes back to my question of how the ECU your selling is set up. Did you order this from ADR or buy it elsewhere? Is this ECU set up for a completely stock 98 S70 T5M? If not, what mods is it set up for? R-manifold, snabb intake, ect.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is set up for a 1998 S70 T-5M. I got it directly from ARD. I fully understand that you fill out a build sheet, but you need to understand that a green tune is what it is. He doesnt individually tune each car. he asks for the build sheet so there are no surprises like an upgraded turbo etc. I will repeat my previous answer. it is set up for a stock T-5M up to a T-5M with dp and exhaust.

Gary

PS- You dont really think you have to tune for a Snabb intake do you?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Better have your HP micrometer to read it. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
LOL!

To help answer the question, yes the ECU is tuned specifically for each setup. However if the setup of each car is similar then ECU adaptations can take up the marginal difference.
Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL!

To help answer the question, yes the ECU is tuned specifically for each setup. However if the setup of each car is similar then ECU adaptations can take up the marginal difference.
Hope that makes sense.
Thank you sir.

Gary

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you for clearing up the tune on the ECU you are selling. If you want to get the most out of your performance upgrades, it needs to be tuned to the set up you have as Lucky said.

yellow95: He doesnt individually tune each car.
LuckyRob: To help answer the question, yes the ECU is tuned specifically for each setup

yellow95: PS- You dont really think you have to tune for a Snabb intake do you?

Hi, it's Kristian from Snabb Performance Parts.

I produce 2.75" fresh air pipes for Volvo's. I have them for most Turbo Volvos including P2 and P2R models.

If you've never taken your fresh air pipe off your car you may not know how much of a restriction it's causing for your turbo. The factory pipe reduces down to a smaller size than the turbo inlet and is corrugated disturbing/restricting airflow and silencing your intake. On the 99-07 models the stock pipe is 3" at the MAf and reduces down to roughly 1.75" prior to the turbo which for non R hcars has an inlet size of 2.3". This equals a huge reduction in airflow at high RPM's.
Our 850 intake was recently dyno tested by a third party (ARD) and had Great results. As a bolt on the intake alone increased mid-range HP (3200-5500) by 5 WHP. The increase was enough that theyad to retune for it and after the retune they captured a total of 12 WHP!! with the installation of this pipe. Also flow bench testing on has shown to increase airflow by 21% over stock.

That being said, the Green tune is the single best upgrade you can do to a stock 98 T5m, do this first before anything else. And only for $300 shipped!!!!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
OK, let me clarify this so that Jon doesnt have an aneurysm.

ARD Green Tune for a 98 s70 T-5M

Tuned for stock turbo (16T). DP and exhaust (But doesnt have to have this yet).
IPD TCV (But doesnt have to have this yet)
White injectors (blue will also work fine).

And thats is. Jon, I dont know what tire pressure this was tuned for nor do I know if I told him the windows would sometimes be down. I can get Lucky or Kristian to chime in if you need that info but we both know your not here to buy dont we, :)

$265 shipped in the US.

Gary

·
Registered
383 Posts

And thats is. Jon, I dont know what tire pressure this was tuned for nor do I know if I told him the windows would sometimes be down. I can get Lucky or Kristian to chime in if you need that info but we both know your not here to buy dont we, :)

$265 shipped in the US.

Gary

Lol! Phenomenal answer! This is a "can" tune meaning it will work w/ a broad range of setups. If you are looking for a specific tune for a specific setup then go to a tuner/Dyno and have a tune made specifically for your vehicle. Good deal @ $265, wish it was a blue tune, would be mine if it was!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK. Lucky did get back with me and confirmed that you can roll the windows down but it must be done in sequence and you can NOT use the auto down function.

·
Registered
338 Posts
OK. Lucky did get back with me and confirmed that you can roll the windows down but it must be done in sequence and you can NOT use the auto down function.

If you have a Wagon be careful; there are a lot more windows and be sure to wear your seatbelt. They could blow out and then it might suck you out...sorry back to the regular scheduled program.

·
Registered
146 Posts

$265 shipped in the US.

Gary
Gary, Had this been your answer to my first post, we would not have gone down the road we did. Any potiential buyer should know what they are getting. ARD offers a awsome product that takes several variables into consideration to maximize the performance setup of each vehicle. Using the wrong tune for the set up you have can have a negitive impact on performance and drivability. That is why I asked the questions that I did. I am sorry if my questions and responses upset you. It is very clear now that the ECU that you are selling would be best suited for a stock 98 T5m without any engine modifications.

Bump back to the top for a great product at a super price!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am sorry if my questions and responses upset you. It is very clear now that the ECU that you are selling would be best suited for a stock 98 T5m without any engine modifications.
Bump back to the top for a great product at a super price!
Its actually set up for a T-5M with 3" DP and exhaust and again it will function perfectly if they dont have those mods yet.

No offense taken. Just having fun in the thread and bumping it at the same time.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you have a Wagon be careful; there are a lot more windows
Technically there are the same amount of windows. Two are just much smaller on the sedan then the wagon. I would definitely get it retuned for the larger windows if you have a T-5M wagon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts