SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Re: (Bradley W)

As a new person to Volvo happenings, I have a quick question. I realize US Sales are down some 11% from last year, which was a bit down from the year before, and I realize all auto sales go through cycles. But......when Volvo is down, generally how long are they down? Does this make sense? Volkswagen as an example had double-digit decreases 4 years in a row. In 2001, they (VW) sold 355K cars here, and by 2005, this had dropped to 224K.
Now they are finally up, but already, only the fifth month into the year, the gains over last year are shrinking.........! Has Volvo ever tanked several years in a row like that, or do the decreases only last a couple of years? In other words, are they pretty stable? (Volkswagen is a rollercoaster).........

· Registered
124 Posts
Re: (ig_mb)

Quote, originally posted by ig_mb »
Check the actual numbers for April/2006 here: http://www.volvocars-pr.ca/ind...nth=4

A quick summary:

Total cars sold in the US (all models)
2000 - 123,178
2001 - 125,673
2002 - 110,669
2003 - 135,023
2004 - 139,384
2005 - 123,874
Thanks. This is exactly what I was seeking. Well, there are a couple of drops in 6 years, but overall, it looks much more stable than VW's schizophrenic cycles. It's funny; perhaps prophetic: The following is a bit off the topic, but just yesterday, I received a complimentary issue of EuroTuner in the mail, opened it up, and read the editor's comments on why they don't feature that many Volvos. He stated that a modded Volvo is as rare as an Iraqi standup comic, and therefore this was why Volvos don't make many appearances in that magazine. I've been a VW guy for a long time, but modifications from what the factory intended is something that has never interested me, which most definitely sets me apart from the majority of the "Dubbers." Sounds a little corny, but maybe Volvo is my destiny.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.