SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updates from and including April 2019
Improved logic for the seatbelt reminder in the rear seat. The signal will stop sounding when the car stops and start sounding again when the car moves.
Altered optimisation in the infotainment system for compensation for engine noise. Slightly altered sound may be heard.
Improved feedback for Pilot Assist. Under certain conditions, the steering wheel vibrates slightly when Pliot Assist steering assistance is disconnected, adaptive cruise control remains active. The same vibration as for lane assist is used when the car is about to leave its lane.
Amended messages in the driver display (12-inch) for the Start/Stop function. A start/stop symbol has been added and the texts "Ready" and "Off" have been removed. See Altered start/stop symbols
Updating of Apple CarPlay:
Simplified start-up after an iPhone has been connected.
Visual notification of incoming text messages and other notifications from an iPhone.
Improved positioning when using map services in Apple CarPlay in China.
Improved software in Tuneln, more channels will work.
Improved searching of points of interest (POI) in the navigation system.
Performance and stability improvements in the infotainment system.
The user has a new timer for the vehicle's approach light. It used to be 30 seconds, and the new change means it is now 120 seconds.
Improvement of the engine management system's optimisation.
Improvement of the transmission system's optimisation.

https://www.volvocars.com/my/support/article/b863fc0ad77848b5c0a801515970036d

·
Registered
46 Posts
Noice! Does it auto update with WiFi or need dealer to update it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cool! I was reading through this and it looks like they remove and reintroduce features from time to time. Circa 2017 they removed lane departure warning audio notification. I wish they brought that back. Also maybe they can re-configure the reversing camera interface. It is difficult to access while driving, also defaults to reverse all the time including when in drive going forward!

I understand its a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) mandate or something, in regards to reversing cameras, but there is a lot better implementation. Maybe Volvo can take a page from Lexus.

360 Camera has Auto function will kick in at low speeds, making it easier to navigate around tight parking garage turns. I am not driving from the 360 camera, just checking the wheels. Also in reverse the camera, shows up in reverse (which is the NHTSA mandate). Also there is a physical button (this might be to late). Wish there was shortcut mapping like on BMW.

(Also this update might be for Malaysia, when I try to build a car I notice the currency is for Ringgit)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for sharing. That link points to Malaysian site. Is it available in USA? would that be over the air update? if not, how much do the dealer charge for it?

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I don't think there was ever audible warning for lane departure. And it would be very annoying.

It is free at regular yearly service at dealer. Cannot do it by yourself on WiFi, unless you buy 3 days subscription of VIDA and do it with OBDII-Ethernet cable and a computer.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry to break your joy but I have also seen this update in the Greek site and got very excited at first and then annoyed because my car was in the dealer's service for a total can bus update last week and none of these features were implemented on my vehicle. Then it hit me to click on the little info icon next to the title of the update that you can see all these updates are for the XC40 ONLY!!!!

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Sorry to break your joy but I have also seen this update in the Greek site and got very excited at first and then annoyed because my car was in the dealer's service for a total can bus update last week and none of these features were implemented on my vehicle. Then it hit me to click on the little info icon next to the title of the update that you can see all these updates are for the XC40 ONLY!!!!
So we may still wish something more to come. PA3, where is it?

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60

·
Registered
329 Posts
"Simplified start-up after an iPhone has been connected."

This alone is worth it for me.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
This update only applies to xc40!

·
Registered
383 Posts
The above link does say it is for XC90 2014 or above..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
The above link does say it is for XC90 2014 or above..

True - but on my desktop browser, if you click on the little i with the circle around it next to each feature, it clearly says XC40 only. Your mobile browser does not seem to show that.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Well then Volvo needs to get their **** straight because the info button clearly states XC40 only.

I have a feeling that gutter over there is generic and is always left there for any Sensus related notes.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
True - but on my desktop browser, if you click on the little i with the circle around it next to each feature, it clearly says XC40 only. Your mobile browser does not seem to show that.
You are right, just saw in desktop view and looks like this note is for all sensus updates, but some are applicable to some models only and in this case it is only for xc40. sucks !!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I dropped off my six-month-old XC90 yesterday for a tire replacement (under warranty), and they also did the software recall.

Would they also have done this update, too? Or would they wait until the one year/10k mile threshold? I forgot to ask the tech yesterday.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I dropped off my six-month-old XC90 yesterday for a tire replacement (under warranty), and they also did the software recall.

Would they also have done this update, too? Or would they wait until the one year/10k mile threshold? I forgot to ask the tech yesterday.
This probably is not for XC90 as the note on the page says its only for XC40 and even if it is for XC90, its not available yet as my dealer checked yesterday and said they didn't get any information about a new update being available.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
652 Posts

This probably is not for XC90 as the note on the page says its only for XC40 and even if it is for XC90, its not available yet as my dealer checked yesterday and said they didn't get any information about a new update being available.
The update will apply to all SPA and CMA cars...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Anybody get an update yet?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Anybody get an update yet?
My car is in shop and specifically asked for this.
I was told that it’s done!
How can I check to see it was applied?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts