1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
541 Posts
Have you brought your car in? I'm eagerly anticipating updates once!

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi drool, yes, dropped it off this morning. I have a 2016 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD right now as a loaner. Still a nice car and man, because of the lower weight and V6 it has some ballz to it once the revs get up there, lol.

I mentioned all the software problems I've been experiencing since purchasing back in May as well as my acceleration problem that started last week. I did try to explain though that most of the software problems will be addressed through the update. He didn't seem to know of everything the update 'fixed' so I hope they don't spend wasted time looking for fixes to stuff that don't exist until the update is installed... He did say he will call tonight with an update but that it'll probably be tomorrow 'or more' to which I said I'd really like it before Thanksgiving, lol.

Hoping to get it sooner than later but I have a feeling I'll be hearing about others experiences on the update and CarPlay before my car is back to me.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ugh.. well, good luck to you! I hope they fix your transmission issue too. I'll be monitoring this thread!!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Hi drool, yes, dropped it off this morning. I have a 2016 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD right now as a loaner. Still a nice car and man, because of the lower weight and V6 it has some ballz to it once the revs get up there, lol.
Inline 6.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugh.. well, good luck to you! I hope they fix your transmission issue too. I'll be monitoring this thread!!
Ok, quick update. My dealership called and they've performed all my recalls, installed all updates, updated maps and also installed CarPlay. They also reached out to Volvo about my acceleration issue I've been talking about that popped up last week. They said Volvo asked them to update some software, maybe ECM but I could be wrong on the initials, but they noticed it still exhibited the symptoms. He said after further looking into it it was showing a bad signal from the pedal so they ordered the part and say it should arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed. Once it's in, I can get the car. He also said they did check after the software update to see if any of my prior symptoms occurred but admits many of them will probably have to be monitored over weeks since they don't appear all the time (such as the HUD disappearing to the top) and I agree.

Overall I'm happy thus far that everything got done, the car was diagnosed and a problem was found with the acceleration and the part should be in within a day. I'll post again tomorrow if I can get the car and await reading other peoples thoughts if they get their vehicle today.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wonderful. That's quick to get the part! Hopefully that will fix all your issues.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wonderful. That's quick to get the part! Hopefully that will fix all your issues.
That's what I thought as well. I wonder if the new xc90 shares the same pedal as other models thus making it easier to get, or just being in the nyc area makes getting he part quicker compared to a more remote location. Though nowadays, things can get anywhere very quickly it seems...

·
Registered
541 Posts
That's what I'm guessing too. The part probably isn't coming from Sweden.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That's what I thought as well. I wonder if the new xc90 shares the same pedal as other models thus making it easier to get, or just being in the nyc area makes getting he part quicker compared to a more remote location. Though nowadays, things can get anywhere very quickly it seems...
I wonder if the part is cannibalized.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Paradox,
Can I ask which dealer was able to perform the update and carplay please?

Ok, quick update. My dealership called and they've performed all my recalls, installed all updates, updated maps and also installed CarPlay. They also reached out to Volvo about my acceleration issue I've been talking about that popped up last week. They said Volvo asked them to update some software, maybe ECM but I could be wrong on the initials, but they noticed it still exhibited the symptoms. He said after further looking into it it was showing a bad signal from the pedal so they ordered the part and say it should arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed. Once it's in, I can get the car. He also said they did check after the software update to see if any of my prior symptoms occurred but admits many of them will probably have to be monitored over weeks since they don't appear all the time (such as the HUD disappearing to the top) and I agree.

Overall I'm happy thus far that everything got done, the car was diagnosed and a problem was found with the acceleration and the part should be in within a day. I'll post again tomorrow if I can get the car and await reading other peoples thoughts if they get their vehicle today.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
It is concerning that pedal sent wrong signal. But pedal only sends how much it is pressed down. Why engine rev up while transmission would not shift to higher gear?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts

I don't want to be the devil's advocate here, but is it possible for "low rotation" parts such as a pedal to be shipped within a day? I know that here in South America, this would be close to impossible.

Tomorrow ask them to show you the damaged part. Make sure that they kept your car in the shop for that reason, and not for something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Its been a while since launch, at this point dealer service parts department allocations are probs in full supply stateside. So if the VDC needs parts or if their are parts that have been internally earmarked as problematic, expect a market the size of the US to have them stateside for on-call distribution.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts