SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a manual v70r sonic blue with nordkap interior and third row seating. And it is all stock except for a infotainment screen. It has around a 100,000 miles and is in good condition what do y’all think that this car is worth?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
We’d need more information to evaluate it properly. It depends on what “good condition” means. If it needs nothing (has been updated to Stage 0) and has no accidents in its history, then it would command a premium and potentially fetch in the range of $25-$30k. If there is any possible issues or has deferred maintenance then it might only sell for around $5-$8k.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
P2 wagon, production ended in 2007, for $30k, in 2021?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has very good service history, but is there anything I should check before I buy. Are there any parts that need replacing often? And it has blown shocks should I replace with pen or go with coilovers?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
P2 wagon, production ended in 2007, for $30k, in 2021?
Look at the most well-cared-for examples in premium colors and manual transmission on Bring A Trailer. Prices even a few years ago were less, but that’s where they’ve ended lately. That is still the exception and one could argue a bubble, but that’s what people said a few years ago when they were selling for $10-$15k.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
It has very good service history, but is there anything I should check before I buy. Are there any parts that need replacing often? And it has blown shocks should I replace with pen or go with coilovers?
Well, you actually posted your question in the general P2 wagon thread. There is an R-specific thread that covers all of that. Head over there and do some research. If you don’t know very much about these, be prepared to spend money on maintenance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has very good service history
Well, you actually posted your question in the general P2 wagon thread. There is an R-specific thread that covers all of that. Head over there and do some research. If you don’t know very much about these, be prepared to spend money on maintenance.
lol I’m sure it’s not as bad as my n54, these are such cool cars I need one

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
Are you sure this isn’t Tony with another user name?

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
OK, Sean - sorry. Tony is the current owner. Thought maybe for kicks he started a second user account.
This car seems like a great deal and is, but will take some effort. They're a lot of fun and rare, but a little needy and taxing at times.
Be prepared and read here:

Who is this Tony? LOL im like 17 and my name issean

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, Sean - sorry. Tony is the current owner. Thought maybe for kicks he started a second user account.
This car seems like a great deal and is, but will take some effort. They're a lot of fun and rare, but a little needy and taxing at times.
Be prepared and read here:
I see why you thought that. Thanks for the info on what to read aswell!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts