SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to run some 19's on an S40 T5 AWD. What's the size that will fit without rolling fenders? However, will most likely be putting on some KW V1's on it... Looking to be pretty flush... This is for my buddies car. Anyone know how to get flush without coilovers? Also, is there any recommendations that you guys could throw out there for coilovers and wheels?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome.

Search is your friend (there are a few recent threads pertaining to exactly this).
Welcome? I'm over 500 posts deep lol

Anyway, hi.

Search can suck it. I did a very brief search.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
But wheels... If you're looking to spend a little coin, I've always wanted to see some CCW LM5s on an S40. I think they'd be killer with gunmetal centers.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'd say 8x19 or 8.5x19. Tire size then 225/35R19 or 235/35R19. The 235s will most likely require some wheel arch work.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i'm having 225/35/19's put on my Heico's on Friday. Hoping to get them on the car this weekend so i will let you know if fitment is ok. btw - i am on eibach's....

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I had to do fender work with 18's and HR's. Just except the fact you will have to do some fender work and knock that out first.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Riding stock on 19" x 8 iForged and I don't get roll - unless there's 2 people in the back (with a subwoofer).
Lowered you'll def need fender work. May be selling my rims - pm me for details.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
19x8 high offset are safe, 8.5 moderate offset will require work. S40 fenders are so retarded I recommend people roll em even on stock wheels :p
Once rolled you don't even have to worry bout it and its a simple procedure. Going flush without a drop looks goofy. If u want a stanced setup prepare to slam, tuck, and roll if need be ;)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
19x8 high offset are safe, 8.5 moderate offset will require work. S40 fenders are so retarded I recommend people roll em even on stock wheels :p
Once rolled you don't even have to worry bout it and its a simple procedure. Going flush without a drop looks goofy. If u want a stanced setup prepare to slam, tuck, and roll if need be ;)
Agreed

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, I'm not against rolling fenders.. Just more time and money. Probably going to get some KW V1's and still deciding on wheels... Nobody really put out an appropriate offset for like 19x8, what would (should) I be looking at?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
plenty do, its just going to be a custom route. im in the middle of dealing with that atm, 5x112 is an option as with slight machining

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
40+ is conservative, 30's is aggressive. But don't forget width plays a key role in how the offset affects the wheel stance inward/outward.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looking to run some 19's on an S40 T5 AWD. What's the size that will fit without rolling fenders? However, will most likely be putting on some KW V1's on it... Looking to be pretty flush... This is for my buddies car. Anyone know how to get flush without coilovers? Also, is there any recommendations that you guys could throw out there for coilovers and wheels?

I am running on 19's Vanilla performance wheels.
ET +38 on 8.5 aggressive stance.
tires must be stretch in 225/19/35

i am currently on OEM lowering springs and will install KW's V1 to arrive next week (Back ordered since 1 month already and waiting.)

Front focus

rear focus

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Alright, I'm not against rolling fenders.. Just more time and money. Probably going to get some KW V1's and still deciding on wheels... Nobody really put out an appropriate offset for like 19x8, what would (should) I be looking at?
Depends on how flush you want to be, stock wheels are not flush, Volvos offset is 52.5mm, by changing the offset you can bring the edge of the wheel closer to the edge of the fender,if you go too aggressive you will hit the fender liner.

On a V50 it takes a 23mm extension (outside edge of wheel)in the front to be flush
In the rear it takes a 30mm extension to be flush
8" et 30 gives a 28mm extension(too much)
8" et35 23mm (flush in front 5mm spacer in rear, both pretty close to flush)Might need minor rolling
8" ET 40 18mm (safe and conservative, no worries)
8" ET45 13mm (not enough)
Does that help?:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts