SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 S60 2.4t AWD is now close to 100K miles on the odometer (99456 miles). What are some main service to be done at this milestone? I know the timing belts need to be changed at 105k. Any thing with the Spark plugs? I haven't changed the spark plugs since I bought this S60 about a year ago with 78K miles. Some of the stuffs i have done along with a very little mods are:

1. Front Lower Control Arms and Bushings changed about 3K miles ago
2. Front Struts Mounts/Bearings/Spring Seats change along ^^
3. Front Ball Joints changed along ^^
4. Installed iPD front sway bar links ^^
5. Resonator Delete. Connected the Cat to exhaust with a custom 3" straight pipe
6. Changed all four tires to Kumho Ecsta 4x Ultra High Performance
7. Alignment done along with the tire change (Firestone Lifetime Alignment)
8. Front Rotors and all four brake pads changed at around 80k.

I am not looking to spend a big amount of money, as I recently changed all four tires, did the alignment and purchased road hazard plus lifetime alignment.

I might need to change some rear suspension parts like the sway bar links and stuffs.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
i guess you have done almost all the susp. parts already, good!.

Here is my list to check:
1- spark plug change(you dont know if the last costumer did so lets do it=
2- coil inspection for cracks
3- timing belt kit
5- serpentine belt inspection
4- oil change with filter
6- fuel filter
7- air filter
8- pcv inspection
9- look for any oil/coolant leak under the car with the engine cover removed.

Enjoy the car!!.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess you have done almost all the susp. parts already, good!.

Here is my list to check:
1- spark plug change(you dont know if the last costumer did so lets do it=
2- coil inspection for cracks
3- timing belt kit
5- serpentine belt inspection
4- oil change with filter
6- fuel filter
7- air filter
8- pcv inspection
9- look for any oil/coolant leak under the car with the engine cover removed.

Enjoy the car!!.

Oh i forgot, i had to replace the whole serpentine kit when the belt broke off when i was driving 90mph in interstate. Good thing there was good spaced shoulder to pull over.

I also have new K&N sport filter installed when i did the front suspension. It can be cleaned. I also recently changed the cabin air filter. Lol i think i am halfway there.

Thank you very much for the tips.
I am looking forward to service them!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
also a trans flush with mobil 3309

·
Registered
27 Posts
Inner and outer tie rod ends should be checked too. Mine has less than 100k miles and they were bad -ball and socket were very loose.
What's the efffect of deleting the resonator? any power gains?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The cam seals on my exhaust cam popped ~10k after my timing belt. You may want to just swap them out on both cams while the belt is done. They're only like ~$10-20 each x6, but labor is insane when done on there own, but not much more time when added to the timing belt. Tools are expensive on anything involving variable cam removal. Since the tool would have been one and done for me I took it to an indy Volvo shop. They got the cam dialed in better than the Volvo tech that originally did the belt at the dealer, too.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Just replace the PCV. If it clogs you blow your rear main seal or cam seals. Not worth the risk.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Anybody know the effect of deleting the resonator? More power?
Well i did have the BSR downpipe with high flow cat, after about 9 years was damage. So i cut the section and put a 3" pipe with an o2 adapter and spacer and i did feel more response in low rpms.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Inner and outer tie rod ends should be checked too. Mine has less than 100k miles and they were bad -ball and socket were very loose.
What's the efffect of deleting the resonator? any power gains?
No, I don't think there is any power gains, it just a matter of a little growl and rumble. Here is a youtube video of my Volvo Resonator Delete

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for all the recommendations, I had been away in my busy work life and didn't had time for swedespeed. But i managed to take this pic when I got off work today. Hoped into i-95 interstate and found out there was a big BMW caravan going on , there was about atleast 30 Bimmers.

http://followgram.me/i/266049812964031222_11449589

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going to start with The Spark Plugs, Coils and Timing Belt.

Should i just get the Volvo OEM spark plugs or is there anything better and where do i get those?
Also OEM timing belt or anything from iPd, Viva or EST?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I'm going to start with The Spark Plugs, Coils and Timing Belt.

Should i just get the Volvo OEM spark plugs or is there anything better and where do i get those?
Also OEM timing belt or anything from iPd, Viva or EST?
oem is the way to go on plugs and tensioners. Continental makes top notch belts if you want to save a few buxks

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
also a trans flush with mobil 3309
Many people (including both dealers here) recommend doing that every 30K miles or not doing it at all. If everything is fine at 100K I'd say leave it alone.

OP should also replace the CABIN air filter if it hasn't been done yet.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If youre even beginning to shift rough change the trans fluid with mobil 3309. Definitely do change the spark plugs, I went with e3. Air filter, oil filter and oil change, clean up the engine, and throw some sort of fuel system cleaner in next time you fill up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts