SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my XC70 in for an oil change, and a day or so later I tried turning on the approach lights with the key fob, and ... nothing.

Same with the backup key fob, and to double-confirm that it’s not a broken fob, the remote-start feature works (which requires pressing the lock button and then holding the approach light button down until the headlights flash).

The only thing I can think of that may have disabled it is that I was messing around trying to find the magic sequence for disabling the “service message,” and I wonder if I pressed some code that disabled the approach lights.

Any ideas? Anything I can check myself without taking it in for hundreds of dollars in authorized Volvo service fees?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved!

I went into "My Car" and under lights, the approach light duration had been set to 0/off. Putting it back to 60s solved the problem. No idea how it got set to 0, but there it is.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Pretty common that it happens after a service that includes updates, even though iirc their instructions says to copy the old parameters and reapply them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts