SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked Volvo about CarPlay for the 2016 XC60 and got this:

"Apple Car Play is currently only available on the 2016 XC90. Apple Car Play will be available for the 2016 XC90 in November. Apple Car Play will not be made available for any other 2016 Volvo model, except for the 2016 XC90 in November. We do not currently have an estimate for when Apple Car Play will be available for other models."

Since it's "currently only available" and also available in November I think it's a computer answering me.

SO, anybody got better information?

And if it's not available for the 2016 XC60 any idea if CarPlay will retrofit into the 2016 when it comes out in 2017 or later?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Chances are that it won't be available until the XC60 replacement comes out on the SPA platform. The current XC60 has d technology and I'd be surprised if CarPlay was integrated

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I asked Volvo about CarPlay for the 2016 XC60 and got this:

"Apple Car Play is currently only available on the 2016 XC90. Apple Car Play will be available for the 2016 XC90 in November. Apple Car Play will not be made available for any other 2016 Volvo model, except for the 2016 XC90 in November. We do not currently have an estimate for when Apple Car Play will be available for other models."

Since it's "currently only available" and also available in November I think it's a computer answering me.

SO, anybody got better information?

And if it's not available for the 2016 XC60 any idea if CarPlay will retrofit into the 2016 when it comes out in 2017 or later?
"Computer" is correct.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe that Apple CarPlay requires a touch screen, which I don't think is available in XC60s yet. I have a 2015.5, so I'm not an expert on what's in the 2016 models.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this bit of tech,
but I believe it is relatively recent and thus there is scant information about it. I've read of a few people installing, but I haven't followed up with them regarding performance.
Anyone here have experience with it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts