1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the update but haven't gotten the Pandora app to work. Anybody else have any luck? also, I got my car before 11/23/15 does this mean I am eligible for the Apple car play update and how do I know if I have it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is there an "app store" or similar place to download apps in Sensus? I had the update last week, all went fine, but the only APp i have now is Carplay - how do i actually get these other complimentary ones downloaded?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is there an "app store" or similar place to download apps in Sensus? I had the update last week, all went fine, but the only APp i have now is Carplay - how do i actually get these other complimentary ones downloaded?
Yes, it's in the Explore page under Remote update service.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Hey everyone, I just got word from Volvo that there is an update you can download in the vehicle that will fix the login issues with Pandora. So give it a try (I can't right now as my data is not working) and report back to everyone if it works.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can confirm Pandora now works. I needed to uninstall then reinstall the app. Afterwards, I was able to log in just fine without the unknown error prompt. The app appears to work smoothly and is similar in layout to tuned-in and sirius xm. Also, after the November update I have noticed an improvement in the voice recognition for navigation. I noticed that for USA addresses it works best if you state the address as follows: 1234 main st, portland and leave out the state. When using this technique,the navigation has recognized the address 90% of the time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
also with the update, the traffic function in the navigation is much more detailed. I have not had the issues with the car modem not connecting. my car was delivered on OCT 13th.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just completed the uninstall/ install routine for Pandora. Pandora logs on and is working now. Same process did not work yesterday, so I guess they posted something new.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does anybody else have a problem with this being a paid software add on feature? While I understand that not everybody wants Apple Care Play, it seems that these software charges start a slippery slope. For example, the 80 mph auto pilot is a potential upgrade at a future date. Are we expecting another $500 charge for that update? I think this is analogous to the release of incomplete software that is dependent on continuous paid updates.

Perhaps, auto manufacturers could reduce their costs by just adding all of the options to every vehicle and charging for a software unlock for activation.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does anybody else have a problem with this being a paid software add on feature? While I understand that not everybody wants Apple Care Play, it seems that these software charges start a slippery slope. For example, the 80 mph auto pilot is a potential upgrade at a future date. Are we expecting another $500 charge for that update? I think this is analogous to the release of incomplete software that is dependent on continuous paid updates.

Perhaps, auto manufacturers could reduce their costs by just adding all of the options to every vehicle and charging for a software unlock for activation.
Yes, lots of people have a problem with it. It's pretty ridiculous, and discussed in this thread

Apple Car Play - Not Complimentary?
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=257249

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Same process did not work yesterday, so I guess they posted something new.
Yes, as I mentioned above, they found the problem and fixed it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
the apps are complimentary as was the update. it is apple play which in some circumstances is extra. you don't need apple carplay to use the apps.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

Maybe not everyone wants autopilot either and would rather save the money. Just like some people don't want ventilated seats, HUD, led lighting, polestar ecu tune, ongoing sat radio, hybrid drivetrain.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just got mx XC90, which was produced in week 47 (18 November). In the apps explore page I can see yelp, whether and tune in but no pandora. Do I have the latest software? How do I know that the car has already the November update? Also the car says that the sms service is not available, how do I activate it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts