SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an option to make CarPlay full screen instead of having it take up roughly the bottom half of the display? Would be great to have Waze fulls screen for navigation. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is there an option to make CarPlay full screen instead of having it take up roughly the bottom half of the display? Would be great to have Waze fulls screen for navigation. Thanks.
Unfortunately no, it's one of the mail things people want changed here with the Sensus and Carplay/Android Auto.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Full screen CarPlay isn't feasible with the current Volvo hardware. Carplay currently requires a horizontal orientation and the Sensus screen is vertical. This isn't something Volvo can change in existing models. The only option is a horizontal screen for future models, or a more flexible CarPlay that can accommodate vertical orientation.

What we can reasonably hope for is that Volvo takes advantage of the new flexibility of CarPlay to be displayed in the smaller center position of the driver's cluster as well as in the Sensus display.

Reactions: Jersey John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually full screen carplay (vertical or horizontal) and map directions on HUD (virtual cockpit and projected HUD) will be supported on iOS 13. It will be up to the manufacturer to update its software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
CarPlay on iOS 13 is supposed to support second screen integration (the screen between the gauges on the instrument cluster). I'm more interested in seeing how well the navigation apps work with this... and hopefully Volvo will release an update to Sensus on existing cars to support the CarPlay update.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Second screen support on Apple CarPlay (including Waze and Google Maps) would be amazing. HUD graphics are probably not possible or never going to happen.

·
Registered
891 Posts
That’s all interesting
I’m running iOS 13 beta and the only thing I noticed so far is that the Apple CarPlay lunch faster and immediately takes over music from sensus apps

·
Registered
822 Posts
That’s all interesting
I’m running iOS 13 beta and the only thing I noticed so far is that the Apple CarPlay lunch faster and immediately takes over music from sensus apps

The discussion above indicates that it is up to Volvo to decide whether to update the Sensus software to allow this to happen. To reference another thread, this would be a software update I wouldn't mind paying for.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The discussion above indicates that it is up to Volvo to decide whether to update the Sensus software to allow this to happen. To reference another thread, this would be a software update I wouldn't mind paying for.
+1 if this Is actually an upgrade

1 - 12 of 12 Posts