SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you get the iOS13 beta, you can make use of this feature now. I had it temporarily before swapping back to 12 (there were still a lot of bugs). I've been a having a lot of issues with carplay recently. It says connection failed half the time, doesn't recognize that it's plugged in the other half of the time. The third half of the time, my phone calls stop producing audio, and the fourth half of the time, my radio plays at half muted volume after hanging up a phone call. So 200% of the time, it give me issues lol. Hopefully, these get fixed with iOS13, although I have a feeling a lot of the problem is coming from the sensus unit.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you get the iOS13 beta, you can make use of this feature now. I had it temporarily before swapping back to 12 (there were still a lot of bugs). I've been a having a lot of issues with carplay recently. It says connection failed half the time, doesn't recognize that it's plugged in the other half of the time. The third half of the time, my phone calls stop producing audio, and the fourth half of the time, my radio plays at half muted volume after hanging up a phone call. So 200% of the time, it give me issues lol. Hopefully, these get fixed with iOS13, although I have a feeling a lot of the problem is coming from the sensus unit.
I've read that replacing the cord with an official Apple cable helps... I've been using an Amazon Basics cable with little to no issues.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I put the beta on my work phone and the new CarPlay is neat, but not a game changer. Second screen is the game changer. Agree with wldud220, to buggy. The phone was dropping it's connect to Sensus with both an apple cable, and the leather wrapped Volvo branded one. Loads of IOS issues yet to be worked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts