SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these discontinued? I am only able to find the Pilot Sport A/S and Pilot Sport 4S at my local dealers. One dealer has them but wants $1k out the door :rolleyes:
Tire Rack no longer lists the Pilot Super Sport in 234/45/17.
Any experience with either of the above tires? Recommendations on another brand?

TIA :beer::beer:

·
Registered
67 Posts
The pilot sport has been replaced by the 4s one. Only luck would be finding somewhere with backstock

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have loved BFG Sport Comp 2s on every car I have had them on. They aren't PSCs but they also are fairly inexpensive.

My goal is to find a set of 17" Pegasus and get a set of 235/45s for summer tires. Might end up just buying new ones since they seem to be hard to find, and people want new-wheel price for their scarred old junk.

One of my tire criteria is they must give up nothing when it rains and the SC2s are incredible in the rain. Your only limits are how fast yoru windshield wipers work, which on a first generation S40 is about 95mph...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pilot sport has been replaced by the 4s one. Only luck would be finding somewhere with backstock

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Found a set of PSS but the local dealer is asking $1200, not including certs. The PS4S are $960.

I need to look at my front end as well. Both fronts are chewed up big time on the inside. Rears show no abnormal tire wear. Have 2500 miles since last rotation and alignment.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, haven't had BFGs since the EURO TA. Damn I'm old.

Not much rain out here in sunny SoCal but when there was some slickery stuff on the road, they handled quite well. Looks like the PS4S is what is going on the rig tomorrow unless someone chimes in with a comparable alternative.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
LOL, haven't had BFGs since the EURO TA. Damn I'm old.

Not much rain out here in sunny SoCal but when there was some slickery stuff on the road, they handled quite well. Looks like the PS4S is what is going on the rig tomorrow unless someone chimes in with a comparable alternative.
Nokian ZLine AS or PowerProof.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Why would you want the Pilot Super Sport when the 4S is a better tire, newer, better compound, performs better? Just get the 4S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts