SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The app is killing me. I press lock doors and it says they are locked. I go outside and they are not locked! I get messages - your Volvo is unlocked- helpful unless it's really locked and you just ran 1/2 mile back to the car. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Haven't seen that one. I only get alerts from the app when it's actually unlocked. And I just lock it with the app. What's the reason you are running back to lock the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
The app is killing me. I press lock doors and it says they are locked. I go outside and they are not locked! I get messages - your Volvo is unlocked- helpful unless it's really locked and you just ran 1/2 mile back to the car. Anyone else having this issue?
Still waiting on my car but what app is this?

·
Registered
917 Posts
why running back? you can lock the car through your phone.
From his post, he's running because he's getting a message that the car is unlocked. As in, someone might be tampering with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? We woke up this morning to a series of iPhone notifications from our 1-day old volvo that it was unlocked and that the anti-theft alarm went off. None of those were true.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes! It's killing me. It's been 5months and I can not rely on the app. It works 20% of the time. It's telling me its locked but it's not. The car is out in the open so there no obstructed signal.

I give up!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yes! It's killing me. It's been 5months and I can not rely on the app. It works 20% of the time. It's telling me its locked but it's not. The car is out in the open so there no obstructed signal.

I give up!
You should try to post your issue on the official Volvo support forum. Either in the XC90 forum or in the Volvo-on-call forum. There are official Volvo reps on that forum and at least you'll know your frustration is being heard:

VOC forum: http://support.volvocars.com/forum/forum9-volvo-on-call.aspx
XC90 forum: http://support.volvocars.com/forum/forum18-volvo-xc-my-.aspx

Good luck!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Maybe I'm stating the obvious... BUT - You're not running back to the car to check with your keys in your pocket, right?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Once you open the app, it can take awhile to contact the car and update the status. You'll see that it says "Loading" at the bottom.
I really like the push notifications that tell me when the car's been left unlocked!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts