SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've come to apologize. I'm deeply sorry for my rude post I had made yesterday.. I was stressed and frustrated with the car and had drank a few cold ones by that time. I've been struggling with my car the last month as I had mentioned earlier I had tore the engine apart (literally) and waiting on parts and my block from the machine shop(had broken a head bolt in there *sigh*) and was about to explode which is why I had posted on here asking for help and I got a little carried away. I actually love this forum and the Volvo community, I really don't want to leave. I'm apologizing to whoever I may have offended. Hopefully you guys can forgive me for my idiocy. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i tried to help answer.. i dont like seeing posts that have lots of views but no posts. But then again, I'm here because I enjoy reading and talking about our cars-- that doesnt mean i know what im talking about. ;) usually im just talking hahah.
Sometimes i post and get no response but usually my problems are weird things that i just cant figure out. Anyway, let it die like PCZeilon said. Not a big deal but yeah, this place is better than most because its not ridiculous.

Anyway, Definitely get an upgraded intercooler. especially now that your making 18psi. I'm curious which TCV you have-- im guessing its the IPD one? My stock TCV (after installing the ecu tune) was boosting way over 8lbs in first and second gear (auto trans) and the new tcv stopped that right away. So when i upgraded it, i thought my car had been robbed some serious power (in 1st and 2nd). But with the upgraded tcv 3rd-5th gears it started boosting wayyyy more than it ever had with the tune before...I dont know, just something to think about.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it is very different here, I like it tho. It isn't like any other forums where you get dogged on and stuff. Yeah the TCV I got off of viva performance and its is very good, my car is back to normal now tho, I simply did what MyNameIdeasWereTaken suggested; I re-installed the ECU flash and now it is all back to 15 psi!:) Yes, I really do need an upgraded FMIC, I feel like my car is begging for more cooled air haha. I'm glad that you helped me out tho man, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Glad to hear it's back to normal. :thumbup:

There was another thread?

:D

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
There was another thread?

:D
Haha, there were three threads. Now that the problem is corrected, I have merged them all into one. Just cleaning things up a little, hopefully the OP doesn't mind: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?266713-Over-boosting

Thank you for posting the apology. I closed down the rant thread. It's fine to vent, we all do. But we try to avoid having the rare negative threads lingering around for too long; gives a bad impression for SwedeSpeed guests to see.

I fully understand your frustration though. When I first joined this forum, I could find answers to all the simple things that I needed help with. Now my question posts are jumping into unknown territory... I've even had conversations with master techs at other Volvo dealerships, yet here I am after 12 months and I still have a continuous CEL. The more complicated the subject, especially when dealing with tearing into the engine and not just standard maintenance or bolt ons, the less likely you are to get a quick response.

I try to skim every thread that gets started in the P1 sections and general sections of SwedeSpeed. If I don't see that others have responded, I'll chime in and try to help out. But I pretty much just ramble and build up my post count. I'm only useful when it comes to taking things apart. :p There used to be a lot of very knowledgeable members who posted every day, but everything goes in seasons. These cars have been on the road since 2004, so lots of questions end up as duplicates and people get tired of answering the same thing day after day. Then those knowledgeable people stop visiting and the unknown overboosting issues can go days with many views but no responses...

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
These cars have been on the road since 2004, so lots of questions end up as duplicates and people get tired of answering the same thing day after day. Then those knowledgeable people stop visiting and the unknown overboosting issues can go days with many views but no responses...
Nailed it.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind is that these are volvos, not subarus or hondas. And although p1 owners at this point vary all over the socio-economic/age range, they do typically have a more mature clientele. The forum reflects that trend, so you see very little bickering. Anyways, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MNIWT thanks for the organizing haha I noticed it and was thrown off for a bit but I like it better that way, less threads haha. Thanks for not banning me or some crap haha. I love this forum and thankful that all you guys could help me out. I was actually trying to delete the thread where I went off like an idiot but glad you took care of it haha. Yeah these Volvos aren't your everyday vehicle, complicated as hell at times but I love my S40; I wouldn't trade it for any other car. I have big plans for this car and hopefully you guys can help me through it if I run into future bumps on the road. Glad everyone accepted my apology, thanks guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts