SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I've read through VADIS on how to remove the aoc pump, but I'm looking for any input from individuals that have done this in the past. Mostly - what's the method those have used to drop the driveshaft? Do I need to loos the CSB mount to make enough room for the driveshaft to drop out of the diff flange? Do I need to remove the driveshaft all together?

Also, any tips or tricks on removing the differential flange to gain access to the pump.

Thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, since no one said anything and I ultimately found a few other threads with some information that helped, I'll note my experiences with this in case others need it:

-Start by getting all four wheels in the air so you can rotate the fronts to turn the driveshaft
-You only need to remove the CSB to be able to pop out the rear end of the driveshaft
-Once all the bolts are removed from the rear driveshaft, you can wiggle it out of the flange
-A 1/2" battery impact removed the AOC flange retaining nut with no issues and there is just enough room to get it in the tunnel (Craftsman impact, so not as bulky as say a Milwaukee impact)
-Using a small hammer and rotating the flange while I hammered on the backside of it allowed it to pop off after a minute or two
-At this point removing the pump and DEM was very simple.

All in all it was a MUCH easier job that I was anticipating it to be and something that I feel most should be able to tackle. It being my first time it took me about 3 hours with some breaks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good Job!. Thank you for the information for future people having to do this. So far 206K on a 2008 and I have not had to do this job yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts