SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2006 VR with eurospec lights, and they're definitely set too high - before I mess something up(!), anything special I need to know about adjusting these?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Hmmm... you better send me your headlamps so I can install them in my car and figure it out. Ha!

But seriously, I don't know. I do know you are making many people jealous with your "problem".

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
+1

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
You will have little white plastic adjustment nuts that you can reach with a long handled nut driver through a little hole in the cowl that was placed these for just such a purpose. The self leveling function just resets then to what ever baseline you set with the mechanical adjustment. You do not have to mess with the sum calibration or anything like that

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will have little white plastic adjustment nuts that you can reach with a long handled nut driver through a little hole in the cowl that was placed these for just such a purpose. The self leveling function just resets then to what ever baseline you set with the mechanical adjustment. You do not have to mess with the sum calibration or anything like that
Thanks Jstro - you put my mind at ease. I did see the white adjustment nuts, but wasn't sure if it was ok to fiddle with those without a SUM.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
you can adjust them like jstro suggests unless you've run out of adjusting range using the adjustment nuts. if that is the case and you can't get them low enough, put them in the middle of the adjustment range and have a sum recal run. It's usually not a problem when your lights are too high as it is normally a problem with running out of adjustment when trying to aim them higher because they are too low. This is usually because someone has adjusted them up and had a sum recal done in which the lights were re-leveled. You then lose some adjustment back up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts