SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anyone with EVOLVE ECU use a BMC/JR etc filter w/o a CEL? (Kirb)

Strange ... Talking with Johann about this .... I did the swap between stock and BMC tree times for good measure and with the stock back it... no CEL.... put the VBMC in CEL in a few minutes

What Evolve software do you have ..... different than 93 Gold ?

· Registered
171 Posts
My ECU is stock.
I dropped in a K&N and threw a CEL after a week. Changed it back and reset ECU and no CEL. A few months later I tried dropping the K&N back in and the CEL went on faster than I could pull out of the garage.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Re: Anyone with EVOLVE ECU use a BMC/JR etc filter w/o a CEL? (blf)

I'm getting ready to drop in Evlove's CAI system from the blue car. I am running 92 octane, so I'm not sure which programming they gave me. I will let you know if I throw a CEL.

· Registered
345 Posts

Quote, originally posted by blf »
05's seem to be a little different animals as well. May try one again

I have an 05 with SvR/Evolve/Powerchip ECU/DP, TME exhaust and BMC filter for a little over 6 months (~7000 miles), no CEL. I run Sunoco 94 year round.

Bill

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: Anyone with EVOLVE ECU use a BMC/JR etc filter w/o a CEL? (05s60r)

Quote, originally posted by 05s60r »

I run Sunoco 94 year round.

Not for much longer. Sunoco 94, all but GONE, and WILL be gone everywhere by May 15th

· Registered
345 Posts
Re: Anyone with EVOLVE ECU use a BMC/JR etc filter w/o a CEL? (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
Not for much longer. Sunoco 94, all but GONE, and WILL be gone everywhere by May 15th

Fortunately there is a station nearby that sell 100. The lowest I paid is $5.50, I think it is up to $8 now.

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Anyone with EVOLVE ECU use a BMC/JR etc filter w/o a CEL? (05s60r)

Quote, originally posted by 05s60r »
I have an 05 with SvR/Evolve/Powerchip ECU/DP, TME exhaust and BMC filter for a little over 6 months (~7000 miles), no CEL. I run Sunoco 94 year round.

Bill

Again....weird cars

Maybe the JR (blue) is a little different than the BMC?

· Registered
3,392 Posts

Quote, originally posted by blf »

What Evolve software do you have ..... different than 93 Gold ?
latest version of 91 Octane for 3.5" DP

· Registered
3,392 Posts
Re: Anyone with EVOLVE ECU use a BMC/JR etc filter w/o a CEL? (frankhoffy)

Quote, originally posted by frankhoffy »
I'm getting ready to drop in Evlove's CAI system from the blue car. I am running 92 octane, so I'm not sure which programming they gave me. I will let you know if I throw a CEL.
Please dyno before and after to see how much gain you get...

· Registered
2,003 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Kirb »
Please dyno before and after to see how much gain you get...

Can't dyno the CAI because I need air flowing into the system. I was thinking about picking up a GTech RR. Coordinating all of this is going to be a major pain in the butt though. Hope you guys appreciate it if I pull it off somehow.

Really, Evolve should be the ones supplying the numbers...

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Maybe the newer tune accepts it
Quote, originally posted by Kirb »
latest version of 91 Octane for 3.5" DP

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Anyone with MY software upgrade ... no DP tune, just the 93 Gold from Evolve/Powerchips, not SVR or the 91 for the DP ........... with a BMC/JR and no cel......

Still not finding out ... jsut ordered a JR to try this all again...maybe take it to the dealer to see wha the code is......

Can it be something THAT problematic ? can I drive around with the CEL and not worry ... just throw my stock filter back in when I inspect?

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (autoduel)

Quote, originally posted by autoduel »
My ECU is stock.
I dropped in a K&N and threw a CEL after a week. Changed it back and reset ECU and no CEL. A few months later I tried dropping the K&N back in and the CEL went on faster than I could pull out of the garage.

Did you resent with 6/23 with the new filter in ?.... maybe thats the ticket... the ecu must re learn new paramenter for higher airflow ?

· Registered
356 Posts
Re: (blf)

I have 2005 R with SvR/Evolve ECU, Evolve 3"DP & Exhaust, and BMC Filter.

I get the CEL all the freaking time. I've pulled fuses #6 and #23 about 4 times over the last 6 months to try to see if the CEL would go away. It would go away but only for 2-3 days. Then it comes back again.

So, for me, resetting the ECU by pulling fuses is not the solution.

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (ArtVandelay0023)

Quote, originally posted by ArtVandelay0023 »

I get the CEL all the freaking time. I've pulled fuses #6 and #23 about 4 times over the last 6 months to try to see if the CEL would go away. It would go away but only for 2-3 days. Then it comes back again.

Just put the stock air cleaner back in for a couple of weeks to see if that is definitely the problem

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (ArtVandelay0023)

Quote, originally posted by ArtVandelay0023 »

So, for me, resetting the ECU by pulling fuses is not the solution.

OK then ... Im not alone in this ...whats the deal? ... just ordered a JR...well see if its any different

Art --- do you know what the code is saying?.....any problems with performance or do you just ignore the light?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.