SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a check engine light on as of today. Was wondering if anyone in the Hudson Valley has a code reader that I can use. I'll drive to you as long as it isn't too far. I have to get it inspected before the end of August so if someone could help me out I appreciate it. Or if you know of a shop that can do it that won't charge a huge amount just to read it that would be good.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Several of the auto parts stores lend out readers (Autozone is one).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my area they won't read codes anymore. Don't know why. But I just brought it to a shop today and it was a Fuel Trim Malfunction. Guy said it could be a faulty MAF sensor, vacuum leak, fuel filter possibly. Car runs perfectly fine though.

Also, anyone in my general area that needs an independent shop I would recommend this guy. He really seems to know his stuff on Volvos.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
PM'd

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
In my area they won't read codes anymore. Don't know why. But I just brought it to a shop today and it was a Fuel Trim Malfunction. Guy said it could be a faulty MAF sensor, vacuum leak, fuel filter possibly. Car runs perfectly fine though.

Also, anyone in my general area that needs an independent shop I would recommend this guy. He really seems to know his stuff on Volvos.
Strange. I keep one on my car all the time (gives me additional gauges).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, I got the problem fixed. But I do have another CEL on now. I have gotten a code reader since. Thanks very much for the offers! It is very much appreciated!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts