SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a check engine light on as of today. Was wondering if anyone in the Hudson Valley has a code reader that I can use. I'll drive to you as long as it isn't too far. I have to get it inspected before the end of August so if someone could help me out I appreciate it. Or if you know of a shop that can do it that won't charge a huge amount just to read it that would be good.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I believe autozone or the equivalent will read the codes for you for free.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Autozone in my area doesn't read codes anymore. I'm in Gardiner, NY.

I called a fairly local shop who does work on Volvo's, Audi's, VW's and he said he has all the software to read the codes such as Vida. He sounded like he knew his stuff. Going in Wednesday, I'll have to see how it goes.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Autozone in my area doesn't read codes anymore. I'm in Gardiner, NY.

I called a fairly local shop who does work on Volvo's, Audi's, VW's and he said he has all the software to read the codes such as Vida. He sounded like he knew his stuff. Going in Wednesday, I'll have to see how it goes.
Watch the guy charge you $15 for a diagnostic haha.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Watch the guy charge you $15 for a diagnostic haha.
Personally if I owned my own shop I would do it for free since it doesn't take long at all. But it is what it is, and if I feel that he does good work for less money than the deal which is too far away, I'll be going to him for certain repairs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts