SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Anyone with 20 inch wheels??

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Kenneth B 
#1 ·
I'm still searching for the right rims for my V50, and I've found a modell I really like now. But it's 8,5x20, and the tires will be 225/30. Is there room for these dimensions on the '50?
I hope someone out there can give me a answer...

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Anyone with 20 inch wheels?? (Kenneth B)

...I hate to say it, because rims for our cars are so hard to come by, but I'm running the Evolve M10's on my car (19 x 8.5) with Eibach springs, and they rubbed like crazy before i rolled my fenders. I am running 225/35R19 tires, and I think the 225/30R20's your talking about will make the overall diameter even larger than mine. If your not lowered, and the offset is right, you'd probably be okay, but anything lowered down will most likely rub... just my .02 worth. Good luck...

#9 ·
Re: (Kenneth B)

I've got 19"s with 235/35/zr19 Toyo Proxes T1Rs and I've never had issues with rubbing, even fully loaded, until I put a different size tire on my rear wheels, then it only rubbed when I was taking a super sharp turn with my car fully loaded. What are the 20"s you are thinking of getting? I had a set of 20"s I was eyeing for a while but realized they just wouldn't work with a lowered S40 without some modifying of the fender/wheelwells...You could always pick up a set of iForged Seneka 19"s that look super sweet on our cars, someone was selling a set if I remember right.

#10 ·

Kenneth, IMO , if 20s are what you want then go for them, even if it means rolling fenders. I wanted (and still do) to go lower and wider. last year , but choose not to because of this. This year , I will roll those suckers if need be it.

#12 ·

Those are pretty sweet. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif I'd say go for it. I am also working on a gunmetal color scheme for my car, or at least I will be once school gets out.

#13 ·
Re: (chendawg)

pretty good? they look insane!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.